No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no way that Twitter has the capacity to host the video content YouTube does. The site can barely cope with text.

Comment

They could, you know, increase their capacity

Comment

Compute capacity isn't the issue with video - it needs all the CDN distribution and storage that goes with it - that doesn't reduce your 4 million a day losses. Maybe the plan is to make it only-twits.

Comment

Thing is, YouTube exists.

Comment

Does Twitter still fall apart whenever Laputa or whatever is on the telly in Japan?

Comment

I think that Musk has been having secret business meetings with Truss about how to really **** up an economic institute.

It appears to be that he is a star pupil!!

Musk-anomics.

Comment

I read that some of the staff that was let go have been asked to come back.
                He doesn't know what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I read that some of the staff that was let go have been asked to come back.
                  He doesn't know what he's doing.
                  Ooooooof, what egg on the face pulling that kind of move, they probably offered their jobs back at reduced pay as well.

Comment

Imagine spending $44 billion on something and then having no clue how to use it.

Comment

As expected, people have started abusing the new blue tick system.

Originally, the description said:
                      "This account is verified because it's notable in government, news, entertainment, or another designated category."

Now it says:
                      "This account is verified because it's subscribed to Twitter Blue."

Best case scenario, it's lead to some hilarious hijinks of people pretending to be celebs:

Worst-case scenario, it's been used by scammers.
                      For example, this doesn't say "Apple" it says "AppIe" but you can't tell.

More examples here:

Comment

Yep, it has rendered the verification meaningless overnight and it's not going to end well.

Comment

Brilliant, how to make the nonsense valuation of stocks/shares completely redundant overnight. The shareholders of that sale have made away like robber's with that 44b, amazing, it'll be sold of for a packet of fags in a week.

Comment

The verification shambles is going to destroy advertiser faith and hurt them in that sense (and they're already having to firefight that and limit which users can now apply for Blue), but there's also the legal/compliance minefield that they're now running through at full pelt. Yesterday's article on The Verge covers the risks that FTC rulings pose to the company, of particular note is how engineers are now being made to shoulder those burdens. That three of their C-suite (Information Security, Privacy, Compliance) officers resigned in one day tells you a hell of a lot, and there's a good argument that says the knee-jerk forcing of all employees back to 40 hours in the office is to bury that story. That his first address to the company suggested bankruptcy is a possibility tells you how well things are going.

Just to note that the "Elon puts rockets into space, he's not scared of the FTC" line tells me absolutely everything I need to know about how these sycophants think. I was convinced that Twitter's decline would be slow and steady, but a week later I'm now convinced that it's going to be quick and painful. I am so sorry for everyone that's come to rely on Twitter for things, including of course the thousands of people who've been trying to improve it over the years and are now having to watch a petulant child haphazardly stomp all over it.

Comment

Twitter at its heart is a walled garden online noticeboard that's too big for its boots, already we are seeing a mass exodus to other platforms with new players poised to sweep in and fill the void of twitter, I feel sorry for all the people loosing jobs but it is entertaining seeing how Musks incompetence is being shown in realtime, every move he makes is the wrong one (the poor guy just cant get a break). The facade of eccentric billionaire is slipping away and we are finally getting to see how incompetent he really is.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 14-11-2022, 08:59.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Brilliant, how to make the nonsense valuation of stocks/shares completely redundant overnight. The shareholders of that sale have made away like robber's with that 44b, amazing, it'll be sold of for a packet of fags in a week.
                                Parag Agrawal probably p1ss1ng himself with laughter right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X