No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that we haven't been either devoured or enslaved tells me it's probably not aliens.

Comment

We are talking about technology that's orders of magnitude more advanced than what the US has. I can't believe for a second it's Russian or Chinese either because sightings go back decades; we would be seeing this technology being used more, they couldn't keep it secret forever.
      I don't think it's from space either. It's just too damn big to get anywhere. I don't know what the hell they are, but people see them. I've seen one.

Comment

That the earth is a petri dish full of disease and pollution and vast parts of the world are still ruled by violence, crime and corruption dosent make us that viable or interesting for visits. Or maybe its just that were not worth the effort in the same way as you wouldn't travel to south Africa to go try and communicate with an Ant colony.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 04-06-2021, 14:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          We are talking about technology that's orders of magnitude more advanced than what the US has. I can't believe for a second it's Russian or Chinese either because sightings go back decades; we would be seeing this technology being used more, they couldn't keep it secret forever.
          I don't think it's from space either. It's just too damn big to get anywhere. I don't know what the hell they are, but people see them. I've seen one.
          You can’t leave it there! Let’s hear about the sighting

Comment

Leave out the bit about the anal probe.

No wait, don't.

Comment

I'm a very big fan of this conversation stumbling across a whole new side of [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]'s character

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                You can’t leave it there! Let’s hear about the sighting
                OK, it's not much of a story.
                About 12 years ago I worked on the 5th floor in an office. I had reasonably goods view over the city. I had gone in on the weekend working with a colleague. It was summer, so clear blue skys. My colleague calls me over to look at something.
                I would say about a mile away, at the height of a helicopter was a shiny spherical object just hanging there not moving. But the weird thing was it was changing shape, from round to vase shape, to rugby ball shape to diamond shape and back again. We watched it for about 10 minutes. I tried to get pictures but it was just crap. And then it didn't zip off or anything it just faded away.
                Now, it could have been a kids balloon but at 8am, I doubt it. Who knows.

Edit : I should add, it was probably about the size of your little finger nail, so not exactly a dot in the sky.
                Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 04-06-2021, 16:50.

Comment

What city is this? The relevance is that many sightings seem to be out in the middle of nowhere where nobody could possibly verify but you've got one where huge numbers of people could have seen it too. Guessing you've googled it a lot to see if others reported the same thing that day?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    What city is this? The relevance is that many sightings seem to be out in the middle of nowhere where nobody could possibly verify but you've got one where huge numbers of people could have seen it too. Guessing you've googled it a lot to see if others reported the same thing that day?
                    Hull.
                    I did Google it, but nothing. Where it was, it would definitely have been over houses and buildings. I do wonder if anyone else saw it, it would have been a crazy view had you looked up from there.
                    Like I say, I don't believe in UFOs and aliens and ****, but at the same time I have no idea what this was.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      I'm a very big fan of this conversation stumbling across a whole new side of @wakka's character

Hahaha

Intriguing story Cassius. Reminds me of other accounts of shiny silver sphere UFOs that I’ve read about.

There are some odd looking satellites from decades ago that take that shape - albeit not shape shifting:

Maybe it was something weirder though. It’d be interesting to think so.
                      Last edited by wakka; 04-06-2021, 17:03.

Comment

From the sounds of it, it was probably something very normal that you happened to catch at a really weird angle, hence it not being reported by many others. But who knows.

Comment

I'd imagine a bubble of some kind of gas moving through the air would change shape a little like that as it moved between pockets of different temperature air, refraction at the interface would mean you could see it, it dispersing would make it disappear. And this is coming from someone who subscribed to that conspiracy theory magazine back in the 90s.

I love stuff that we can't explain, it makes the world a more interesting place.

Comment

It no doubt has some explanation. Anytime I think of it I just shrug it off, like it was a balloon or something.
                            It was really solid and tangible. Very shiny and had no markings at all. Like a ball of Mercury.

Comment

Someone over at rllmuk made a good point in their UFO thread, given the ubiquity of CCTV and smartphone cameras with increasingly better lenses and resolutions, the number of sightings has decreased. The poster on rllmuk hypothesised that people play the footage back, zoom in a bit and go, "oh yeah, plastic bag/chinese lantern" etc

Good argument

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                I've always believed it's drones or advanced military aircraft, and this is all a smokescreen.

I mean consider this - we've now had more time pass between the Nighthawk and the present day than passed between the Spitfire and the Nighthawk. That plane looks "futuristic" but it's ~40 years old.
                                I get your point but there was 45 years between the Spitfire and the F-117. Whether it's alien or human tech though, the objects that Hornet footage was picking up was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X