No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the vids looks like a fly is crawling on the lens. Given the endless and overly convenient fact that no camera ever is suddenly capable of getting a clear shot, I put ufo sightings alongside those of bigfoot.

Comment

Well the footage from the Hornet targeting pod that we saw is recorded on tape. That’s just how the tech is in there so that’s as good quality as you could expect really. You’re right in that it’s amazing no one has ever managed high quality footage

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I just wanted to reply to your initial post because I think the 'HODL at all costs'/diamond hands mentality doesn't make sense IMO.
        You'd be surprised. Simply buying very small amounts on a weekly basis and never selling is a very strong strategy. It's going nowhere but up with no end in sight, and very aggressively so - at least from a macro view.

Taking 10% profits on every 30% increase is also strong, but only if you're going to reserve a portion of said profits for buying the big dips in future. The difference being that you have to have a ton of emotional discipline, as well as time on your hands, for this second strategy to work correctly. Basically, it's only going to work if you make crypto a hobby.

If my mum or any of my friends ask me about getting into crypto I always recommend strategy #1.

An old colleague makes a good living out of doing nothing but recommending and managing strategy #1 for people. I asked him for some alt-coin advice a while back but he only deals with Bitcoin, at a stretch Ethereum if clients ask him about it. Nothing else.
        Last edited by dataDave; 05-06-2021, 07:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          You’re right in that it’s amazing no one has ever managed high quality footage
          Pfftt!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            I've always felt given the size of the universe it would be rash to assume there's no other life out there.
            Surely there has to be but the point is have those life forms visited here and personally I'm doubtful.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            I've always believed it's drones or advanced military aircraft, and this is all a smokescreen.

I mean consider this - we've now had more time pass between the Nighthawk and the present day than passed between the Spitfire and the Nighthawk. That plane looks "futuristic" but it's ~40 years old.
            It could well be, anything coming out of the Groom Lake area or the Lockheed Skunkworks and on test surely would be done covertly. The latest technology that America has could be well beyond what we imagine simply due to it be being ultra-stealthy.
            After the F-117 was finally admitted by the USAF there were all sorts of rumours by the aviation enthusiasts of the next tech and the one that kept coming up was the Aurora with the pulse wave detonation engines that gave a vapour trail like doughnuts on a rope, whether or not this project actually existed or not is another matter.

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            Someone over at rllmuk made a good point in their UFO thread, given the ubiquity of CCTV and smartphone cameras with increasingly better lenses and resolutions, the number of sightings has decreased. The poster on rllmuk hypothesised that people play the footage back, zoom in a bit and go, "oh yeah, plastic bag/chinese lantern" etc
            There used to be something called 'Rods' that got a bit of traction but was kyboshed when it was discovered that it was the effect of light rays hitting CCD sensors in video cameras.

Due to my interest in planes I've been scanning the skies for over forty years and have only seen one thing I couldn't ID at the time but after reflection was probably a satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              You'd be surprised. Simply buying very small amounts on a weekly basis and never selling is a very strong strategy. It's going nowhere but up with no end in sight, and very aggressively so - at least from a macro view.

Taking 10% profits on every 30% increase is also strong, but only if you're going to reserve a portion of said profits for buying the big dips in future. The difference being that you have to have a ton of emotional discipline, as well as time on your hands, for this second strategy to work correctly. Basically, it's only going to work if you make crypto a hobby.

If my mum or any of my friends ask me about getting into crypto I always recommend strategy #1.

An old colleague makes a good living out of doing nothing but recommending and managing strategy #1 for people. I asked him for some alt-coin advice a while back but he only deals with Bitcoin, at a stretch Ethereum if clients ask him about it. Nothing else.
              Nice work if you can get it!

Your strategy #1 is fine, just so long as you believe that Bitcoin will keep rising forever. I personally don't, but who knows?

Comment

Just popping in to say how much I like the word "skunkworks".

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Just popping in to say how much I like the word "skunkworks".
                  American acquaintance’s grandfather worked there during the 50s on the U2, then moved to NASA and worked on the some of the early Apollo stuff.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Crikey just think of the stories he could tell.

Then he would have to shoot you.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Nice work if you can get it!

Your strategy #1 is fine, just so long as you believe that Bitcoin will keep rising forever. I personally don't, but who knows?
                      There's no theoretic upper limit on the value of one BitCoin (although there is a maximum number of BitCoins of 21 million in total), so there's still plenty of room for growth. A BitCoin with a value of $1 mil has been touted, which would give it a market cap of $21 trillion.

At some point I'd expect it to level off, but who knows when that would be - as always it's sensible to bear in mind that crypto is volatile and that investment can go down too. Not really aimed at anyone here, but no one should be borrowing money or using their pension pot to buy into it - you might get lucky, but you could just as easily get burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Hull.

Like I say, I don't believe in UFOs and aliens and ****
                        Yeah, it definitely wasn't intelligent life if they chose to visit Hull.

Comment

"Let's see what that nice Mr. Musk is recommending I invest in next..."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Yeah, it definitely wasn't intelligent life if they chose to visit Hull.
                            How dare you! *looks at the education results for Hull... *

Thats another thought I have, if it was Aliens, why the hell come to Hull? To check how stupid the human race really can get?

Comment

Slightly disappointed you didn't genuinely take the bait!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X