America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I mean additionally, he's pointing a gun at someone who was shot and killed. I think the trigger-pull thing is kinda moot.

Will need to read into this. Legally, for example, in the US, if you pull a gun on someone and have a scuffle with them and they get shot, that's still regarded as murder, not an accidental death. The point I guess is that the US have, on their books, loads of smaller rulings and laws about many eventualities that can come from firearms related deaths.
    Yeah you are probably right. His lawyer will have told him to say he didn't pull the trigger. That way a court has to prove he did and it might change the way he's judged.

Comment

So someone put a live round in there and modified the gun so that it would shoot by itself?

Comment

There's a thing called Mens Rea - for it to be murder there would have to be an intent to do it, malice aforethought. Clearly an accidental discharge on a movie set is not the same as having a gun you know is loaded in a scuffle where the scuffle has intent to do harm.

Weapons can accidentally discharge, whether through user error, mechanical failure, modifications etc - I guarantee Alec Baldwin is not going to charged with murder, let alone convicted of it even with a half-witted lawyer. He's got an obvious out on the whole live ammunition thing - that's reasonable doubt right there on its own.
        Last edited by MartyG; 02-12-2021, 14:36.

Comment

Presentation turned over by Mark Meadows made several recommendations for Trump to pursue to return himself to presidency

Powerpoint files have been received that evidence Trump did plan a coup earlier this year

Comment

Wow. A PowerPoint presentation for coup!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Wow. A PowerPoint presentation for coup!
              Not that surprising really, that's where the term 'Death by PowerPoint' comes from.

Think the French first did it using the v0.000013 beta version in the 1700's where the workers revolted about having to work a 13 hour week with a paltry 150 public holidays a year.

Comment

I just read, a million people plan on having a party on downing Street.
                That would be epic if that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  So someone put a live round in there and modified the gun so that it would shoot by itself?
                  I've seen that episode of Columbo. Peter Falk still gets the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I just read, a million people plan on having a party on downing Street.
                    That would be epic if that happened.
                    Most people are clearly joking but it does seem as though enough people are committed to turning up for this to be a "thing".

The funny thing is if the government cancel Xmas parties nationally, how does this work? I mean they've demonstrated it's not an offense to have one at no.10. Seeing the police cart party-goers away is just going to be the icing on the **** cake.

Johnson's government has to fall at this point. I mean consider it logically; if the COVID situation gets worse (which statistically it will just due to being midwinter), the government will want to announce tighter restrictions, but the electorate will not do what they say. Now, as someone who abided with all the restrictions and hates the antivax brigade, I don't condone that behaviour, but the point is that the government can't govern if it's unable to, well, govern.

Comment

The trouble is the focus is on Johnson. If he goes people talk about Sunak or others as replacement and are still missing the obvious, none of them are fit. They need a complete cleaning of house, the existing top brass are filthy and corrupt across the board. Johnson alone won't fix that stench

Comment

Hang on, this is the US thread... Why is there talk of Boris?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Hang on, this is the US thread... Why is there talk of Boris?
                          Similar hair colour and styling probably got people confused.

Comment

I love that the “metadata” shows the date the PowerPoint was made. Irrefutable evidence!!!

Comment

Its the potato running the country confusion we have had to suffer for too long in the US and UK, its getting confusing!

Where's Brian Harvey when we need him?

Comment

From East 17?

Comment

Working...
                                X