United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
    Edit - I suppose for some balance, as none of us are perfect, I was more gutted than I felt I should have been upon reading yesterday that the Olympics will be crowd free.
    The Japanese have imposed a state of emergency in Tokyo, meaning no alcohol and restaurants/ents venues to close at 20:00. Meanwhile, 60,000 in Wembley on Sunday and Johnson is pondering a public holiday on Monday as he anticipates everyone in the country - including schoolchildren - getting roaringly pissed.

Comment

You don't have to keep your promises to red wall voters if you kill 'em all off before the next general election

Comment

I almost await the sound of sirens in the streets ahead of England's game on Sunday before the pre-match screen cuts out to a blue screen and voice over stating:

"This is not a test. This is your health department broadcast system announcing the commencement of the pandemic Purge sanctioned by the Tory Government.

COVID variants of concern have been authorized for exposure during the Purge. All other infections are restricted. Government officials of ranking No.10 have been granted private government PPE contracts for the Purge and will not be prosecuted. Commencing at the siren, any and all close contact including hugging, kissing, spitting in each others mouths, will be encouraged for 12 continuous weeks. GP's, health practictioners and medical services will be unavailable until 2025 when the effects of restriction abandonment conclude. Blessed by our New Party Donating Partners and Nazi Queen, a nation reinfected. May God be with you all"

Comment

The mind boggles. One could be forgiven for thinking Japan was the country seeing 30k+ cases a day with expectations of 100k daily in the near future...

More and more Covid cases continue to be reported at the Games and across Japan.

To be clear, good on Japan, I felt crap for feeling that my viewing pleasure will be impacted.

Comment

I've not had a chance to run this past any scientists, but if you're watching a football game that won't finish until about 11pm and you have concerns that you will struggle to get up for work the next morning due to drinking too much... couldn't you just watch it with a glass of pop or cup of tea or something? Or even just drink in moderation - couple of cans for the night, call it good?

I say this as somebody who used to drink about 2 litres of spirits a week if I was fed up - it's very possible to enjoy all kinds of events completely sober, even if you're excited and want to celebrate. It can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              it's very possible to enjoy all kinds of events completely sober, even if you're excited and want to celebrate. It can be done.

They're already here!

Comment

This is England. We are a bunch of drinking gambling yobs.

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Goes without saying almost, COVID remains on track with a new third wave record of 35,707 new cases today.
                  Deaths up but still low, hospitalisations are picking up a little more speed.

Guestimate for next weeks high? 44,000

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    I've been stuck in a pit of depression for about a year. And I've just managed to pull myself up and now I can't see a positive future at the moment. It's terrifying.
                    Sorry to read this Martin and I hope you can get through it. Apart from work I’ve practically shut myself off from society for over a year and I’m struggling a bit to go out and do anything ‘normal’ like go for a drink or a meal. Had my second jab on Tuesday and hoping it’ll make me feel a little safer, though still fully understanding the risks.

Comment

Baddiel and Skinner are already at No.4 in the charts again with Three Lions. If it pushes on a bit further it might take the newest record for a song that has been to No.1 the most times - another top spot being its fifth time.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...orm-the-charts
                        Baddiel and Skinner are already at No.4 in the charts again with Three Lions. If it pushes on a bit further it might take the newest record for a song that has been to No.1 the most times - another top spot being its fifth time.
                        Honestly, I couldn't give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Honestly, I couldn't give a ****.
                          But, but, but "It'S cOmInG hOmE"

Comment

It's a shame that the England team accomplishment is synonymous with drinking yob bellends. I don't follow football at all but it's a massive achievement for the team. Its just ruined by media coverage and wankers.

Comment

I've not watched the diving scumbags for years, daughter is supporting Italy. She's hoping for an Italian treble after Eurovision and hopefully Matteo tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Sorry to read this Martin and I hope you can get through it. Apart from work I’ve practically shut myself off from society for over a year and I’m struggling a bit to go out and do anything ‘normal’ like go for a drink or a meal. Had my second jab on Tuesday and hoping it’ll make me feel a little safer, though still fully understanding the risks.
                                Thank you, Colin. Appreciate the kind words.

I'm trying to stay strong. I have my daughter every other weekend and she has to live her life so it gives me strength to keep going.

I'm trying to just stay outside as much as possible. My friends and girlfriend are really supportive and won't make me don't anything I don't feel comfortable.

Anyway, I hope you are okay too. Couple weeks after the second jab, you'll be in the best position you can be. Ultimately, it's now or never. We have to live and hope our complete failure of a government ****s off soon.

Take care mate. You can do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X