Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Nice story, Asura!

I recently read this article about early internet e-tailers and it brought back some memories.
    Just chuck in Lik-Sang and you're golden!
    The early 2000s saw etailers such as DVD Street, Play and Movietyme become top choices for movie lovers - and we've been digging into their stories.

First think I ever bought off Play.com was the Orange Goblin album "Healing Through Fire" which came with a live DVD, which I watched again the other week and the album is currently in my car being listened to, so I'm still getting my money's worth.

What's the first thing you lot remember buying online of sites like Play or Blackstar?
    First thing I ever ordered from Play was a US import version of Blair Witch on DVD
    Had it in my hand before my multi region DVD player had actually arrived lol
    Still have the DVD too
    Player sadly is long gone

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      You would think everyone would have at least been offered a vaccine before opening clubs.
      I'd have thought so
      Can see the points raised by Dogg Thang & others though if I was 20 something now I'd be out there trying to make up for lost time but I definitely feel as a growed up there should have been more effort to get the young'uns vaccinated first

Neil

Comment

There definitely should have. Once they got to 50, we should have started with 18 year olds. It didn't have to be linear. Even school age, so pupils wouldnt have needed to constantly isolate.

We sent 300 home last week, telling them to isolate for the first week of their holidays when there's a bit of a heatwave.

Comment

Yeah, it’s mental that the clubs are open. But I just don’t blame people who’ve had COVID cut right across their late teens/early twenties for being out there given that the Government has (wrongly) OK’d it.

One year is much like another for me now. But those years immediately post school were such a crucial period personally. I do feel sorry for the people that have had them disrupted.

Comment

Best comparison I've seen are seatbelt laws and a speed limit.
            The laws are in place to protect the drivers and other people, rather than leaving it to their own discretion.
            The app is more like a Give Way sign - it's always been the case since they introduced it - pings on the app have never been compulsory isolation, it's not compulsory to stop at a Give Way.

If Track & Trace contact you that's different, that's the speed limit - if you don't isoloate when told to by the service, you have broken legislation (as you would if you exceeded the speed limit).

Comment

Nice story, Asura!

I recently read this article about early internet e-tailers and it brought back some memories.
              Just chuck in Lik-Sang and you're golden!
              The early 2000s saw etailers such as DVD Street, Play and Movietyme become top choices for movie lovers - and we've been digging into their stories.

First think I ever bought off Play.com was the Orange Goblin album "Healing Through Fire" which came with a live DVD, which I watched again the other week and the album is currently in my car being listened to, so I'm still getting my money's worth.

What's the first thing you lot remember buying online of sites like Play or Blackstar?
              A Naughty By Nature CD.
              Then hundreds of dvds and GC games.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                A Naughty By Nature CD.
                Nice, do you remember which album?

Neil

Comment

I talks about it in here, but basically Amazon. Plus Rakuten diluted the experience to a strange marketplace.
                  It was basically themselves - their service started nose diving, more stuff starting turning up damaged or late or not at all and then quibled over refunds and returns which ended up with me stopping using them (and I assume a lot of other people too) leading to a death spiral.

Comment

A Naughty By Nature CD.
                    Was it 1993?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Nice, do you remember which album?

Neil
                      I think it was the best of.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                      Was it 1993?
                      Yes, it was the 7th year of 1993. I was branching out from the Skunk Anansie/Foo Fighters zone that I'd lived in for so many years.

Comment

A Naughty By Nature CD.

Yes, it was the 7th year of 1993. I was branching out from the Skunk Anansie/Foo Fighters zone that I'd lived in for so many years.
                        I was being silly, sorry. They did have an album called 19 Naughty 3, though.

Comment

I know, I was too! It was nice to enjoy something different, and not just because I'd heard it on a soundtrack CD (Batman Forever introduced me to both Offspring and Method Man).

Comment

Border Officers in England are being told to stop verifying if new arrivals from Green or Amber list countries have had a negative COVID test as the Government explores even more ways to completely **** up the situation in this country

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Cases steady, hospitalisations now six days without an update but... deaths double to reach 96 - their highest since March

Comment

Cool I have that one too
                              One of my favourite hip-hop groups

Neil

Comment

Granted, that's a lot of daily new cases of Covid-19 per million, but let's be honest, this would make a brilliant roller coaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X