Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaked footage of the Government vote on protest rights:

Comment

Surely to God they are not going to remove our right to protest?!
      Government lowers NHS pay=can't complain about it
      Government wants your house=can't complain about it

Comment

The Vatican has issued a decree that the Catholic Church cannot sanction same sex unions as God cannot bless sin.

I mean, the hypocrisy remains staggering.

Comment

This almost was for the Irk thread as Boris promises £3bn for public transport. Really the real detail beyond the fluff is 4,000 hydrogen buses and hundreds of miles of bus lanes which is where most of the money will vanish as councils, contractors and politicians pocket it for themselves. Whilst there are many buses in need of updating bus lanes belong on the scrap heap with smart motorways. They're a money laundering scam.

Comment

Uhhh, what? In London they’re certainly not.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I can see what you mean here - you're saying that piles of cash are going to be directed into unnecessary building projects. Just speaking for London though (and especially South London, which is poorly served by the tube), bus lanes are an absolutely vital part of the transport system. But I appreciate that I can't speak for other parts of the UK on this.
            Last edited by wakka; 15-03-2021, 12:37.

Comment

Yep, London's congested layout due to so many dense old buildings marks out differently than elsewhere. By comparison in Manchester they've been used to throttle traffic falsely. Some major access roads have been reduced from 3 lanes down to 2 then down to 1 under the pretence that less lanes equals less congestion and then the council wades in with bus lane projects as a public transport boost. That then cements the road network is knackered and gridlocked whilst then also introducing the bus lanes where once done the estimated journey time is magically the same as it was back when the roads had full lane capacity.

We had one purpose built near us with a guided section and it linked to Manchester. The council spent millions long years before anything was built. Pre-bus lane the bus took 55 minutes, now it's 1hr 10m which is sold as faster because of how much congestion has been artificially inflated. Adding to that everyone now needs to catch 2 buses rather than 1 because they need to commute to the bus lanes starting point and overall the bus services have gotten worse for everyone because having the guided bus lane was the company's greenlit to cut multiple other services. So a 1hr journey adding for the time travelling to where we can get and off the bus now takes something like 1hr 40m at best case.

That being said, I'm wary of London's road system anyway. It's definitely badly congested but I'm wary of how much the congestion charge makes it so they have little incentive to ever properly address it.

Comment

You'd think they'd have finished building London by now, but every time I go, the cranes are still there!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...rtan-ntp-feeds
                  The Vatican has issued a decree that the Catholic Church cannot sanction same sex unions as God cannot bless sin.

I mean, the hypocrisy remains staggering.
                  Is the reason God cannot bless sin because it's an imaginary made up entity?

Comment

There's a lengthy and almost completely needless bus lane here which was installed as a personal project of the outgoing council leader due to it being his bus route to work. He even started whinging about cars going in it during a council meeting: https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/n...-problem-88941

Comment

Germany is pushing for another lockdown and has also joined the list of EU countries to ban AstraZeneca

Even though no evidence of the clot claims exists.

I'm wary of going too deep down a road but I do find it highly suspect how the EU keeps finding ways of throwing shade at this one vaccine whenever it has supply issues with it and again I can't shake the feeling that this is yet another attempt to avoid criticism by driving down EU citizen demand for the vaccine that will hugely backfire by severely fuelling anti-vaxxers and false paranoia about vaccines leading the EU falling even further back in tackling the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Is it the same god that loves everyone equally and is all forgiving. And the god that is omnipotent so would not only know a person is gay, but that the love they have for the other person is no different to anyone else's?
                        Or is it a different more hateful god that I haven't heard of?

Comment

Maybe God doesn't have enough blessings, he might be busy using them all up for all those priests with certain... tastes.

Comment

I realise this is barely related but there are very few creatures in nature that look quite as goofy as Michael Gove.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I realise this is barely related but there are very few creatures in nature that look quite as goofy as Michael Gove.
                              A tardigrade comes close, but that is much more loveable.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Completely real. You just have to have faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X