No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating to swap between the enquiry and PMQs.

Johnson flatly denying everything that he's being accused of.
    "I never said those things, look at all the hospitals we've built, we've got trains back on track, best vaccination process in Europe, stop looking backwards, we're looking forward."

Comment

My fave bit so far: the allegation that during a crucial stage of Covid decision making, parts of No. 10 were embroiled with Johnson's missus who was furious about photos/comments made about her dog in a tabloid.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        My fave bit so far: the allegation that during a crucial stage of Covid decision making, parts of No. 10 were embroiled with Johnson's missus who was furious about photos/comments made about her dog in a tabloid.
        Yeah and bombing Iraq with Trump on the phone. Sounds like an absolute **** show

Comment

There's probably a great Hancock-Cumming pun for the thread title here but it's probably too NSFW to use but that aside it's fascinating that Cummings may have issues with some figures but he clearly has a deeply passionate hatred for Hancock and Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            There's probably a great Hancock-Cumming pun for the thread title here but it's probably too NSFW to use but that aside it's fascinating that Cummings may have issues with some figures but he clearly has a deeply passionate hatred for Hancock and Simmons
            To be honest, Hancock is an A class dooshbag

Comment

Since the weekend the rate of COVID Cases week on week has increased from rising at a rate of 10% to now 18%

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

And the number of new cases is 3,180. The first time above 3,000 and highest number since 01 April.

Comment

The government fighting is good, it's a bit like watching the drunken layabouts in town getting into a dust up over a bottle of 3 Hammers - you're not really bothered who wins, you just enjoy the spectacle.

Comment

Matt Hancock is going to make a statement to the commons.

'I did everything I could in difficult times. I feel I made the right decisions. I'm sorry if you feel offended. I did not hit her, I did not...oh Hi Mark.'

Comment

A little shepherd boy Government advisor claimed that a wolf was coming the pandemic is under control.
                    Now he's saying was lying then, but now he's telling the truth and you've got to believe him.

Reading between the lines, there is no criticism of Brexit taking the time and budget away from Government focus, plus he's ready to throw Johnson and Hancock under a bus, but Sunak getting lots of praise (claims he didn't try to stop lockdowns, despite evidence to the contrary) and Gove hasn't been mentioned at all.

It's almost as if he's setting himself up to work for the next set of management...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      So far:

-Cummings has released a photo of the Tories first COVID planning board which leans to herd immunity and literally has the question 'who do we not save?' written on it
                      -Cummings apologised for not scrutinising Hancock's pandemic plans more closely saying if he had then he'd have known how hollow they were
                      -Claimed that in February 2020 when the pandemic was beginning to ramp up and take hold Johnson took a two week holiday
                      -Suggested that Johnson raised the idea of injecting himself with COVID to reassure the public that it wasn't serious
                      -He says the decision that a lockdown was needed was arrived at on 14 March, no plan for one existed though
                      -He says Hancock should have been fired multiple times for lying to both ministers and the public
                      -He says that the last General Election gave people a choice between Johnson and Corbyn shows that things have gone horribly wrong in the UK as there are many, many other better qualified leaders available than either of them
                      The trouble is Cummings has absolutely no credibility - some of it maybe true, but I wouldn't trust Cummings to butter my toast. He's the veritable disgruntled ex-employee.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 27-05-2021, 12:19.

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Deaths and Hospitalisations are slightly ticking up week-on-week now, daily cases have punted above 3,500

Comment

A study has found that the number of smokers in the world has hit an all time high of 1.1bn saying population growth has been outstripping quitters and that Governments haven't been doing enough to stop the habit.

Comment

Governments need to do more to stop population growth at this point. Perhaps more smokers is good.

Comment

At the ages most people develop lung cancer from smoking, that wouldn't remotely stop population growth, Charles. Not sure how serious you are or whether you've thought that through. It merely results in a more sickly and needy population, draining more resources.

Comment

Well in the UK it has certainly reduced. Smoking seems to be an Asian thing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X