No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More good vaccine news certainly, assuming the EU doesn't have advance purchase agreements on the Novovax stuff haha.

I see Krankie is stirring the pot again with a suggestion that she will publish vaccine supply figures, a move which certainly won't benefit the UK (but not necessarily change anything either), at a time when she is under fire for the vaccine rollout in Scotland. Deflecting her shortcomings and a dig at the UK, what a surprise thought no one ever. Disgusting ****.

NICOLA Sturgeon has said she will publish vaccine supply figures despite the UK Government previously asking that they be kept secret.

Comment

Finally, something good to come out of Brexit. To be honest*, this will make it totally worth it, because I crash my car most nights.

#torygraphclutchingatstraws

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Finally, something good to come out of Brexit. To be honest*, this will make it totally worth it, because I crash my car most nights.
        Yes - I've crashed at least sixteen times due to LED headlights - they're a nightmare. Last time it happened, I crushed three Brexit supporters with my bull bars.
        Last edited by MartyG; 29-01-2021, 10:30.

Comment

EU...vaccines. Hmm.

Seems they were late to the parties, now trying bully boy tactics, with selfish not constructive solutions? Not wanting a 'vaccine war', but set to announce export controls?

Hmm.

Comment

Ursula von der Leyen has dialled up the blame on AstraZeneca and demands for it to further prioritise the EU orders leading to...

AstraZeneca releasing a redacted copy of the EU contract to illustrate its argument that Leyen and the EU are unhappy their later order is arriving later than they want.

It feels like the EU is playing this wrong, Moderna has started delaying doses to some countries because they too have supply issues so it's clearly not a simply demand/supply issue. Either they're charging AZ with breach of contract or not and if not they need to stop ******* off a company they will desperately rely on, if they have then they need to take the proper action but at the same time not force AZ to break multiple contracts with friendly nations also. So far it doesn't at all feel like the EU is winning the PR battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              So far it doesn't at all feel like the EU is winning the PR battle.
              Yep, exactly. It should be noted though, guys, that a queue system is not how contracts work. And that's a good thing here because if Trump had bought up all the allocations we'd all be in trouble. If the contract is supposed to deliver, it's supposed to deliver and, if they couldn't, it should be written into the contract that prior contracts get preference.

The EU absolutely 100% has to look out for its interests here just as one would expect the UK to do. But yeah, this isn't going so well for them. Most of this should not be playing out in public.

Comment

That's it, the public element to it. I'm sure every manufacturer is getting hammered by every single nation about delivery volumes, dates and delays but doing it so openly they just look bitter and if you were a citizen I imagine it'd raise more questions (like why they're still awaiting clearances when others are using it, why the order was later, what about other vaccines, who and what parts of the EU will get prioritised etc) and at the same time it feels like AZ is confident the EU can't pin them down.

Comment

The EU loves a level and fair playing field. It's one of the biggest things they stand for. And then they try and pull some **** like this?? They look like idiots.

Comment

Yes, according to the reports in the famously impartial UK press, the EU do seem to be trying to get a company they contracted with to deliver their contract.

Forgive me for not necessarily believing that this is quite as simple as the press which has simplified and lied about the EU for decades is saying.

Comment

Johnson & Johnson's vaccine looks like it works and most importantly it's a single dose delivery vaccine

Comment

Am I the only one not hugely impressed with the figures on how effective these are? Given how prevalent the virus is, it feels like we're going to need to aim higher. Single dose is a huge win though.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-against-covid
                          Johnson & Johnson's vaccine looks like it works and most importantly it's a single dose delivery vaccine
                          Does it smell like baby talc though?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Am I the only one not hugely impressed with the figures on how effective these are? Given how prevalent the virus is, it feels like we're going to need to aim higher. Single dose is a huge win though.
                            Im not impressed either but it’s actually more effective than the Oxford vaccine. (66% vs 62%)

Comment

Poor old NI, set to be a political football yet again, well, in yet another way really.

I guess those Eurotwats don't realise that NI gets its vacs via the UK procurement system, and that this obstructive attitude helps no one. (Small wonder Krankie is so keen to wedge herself up Europe's bunghole.)

Comment

The EU's move to implement border control export limits on COVID vaccines along the Irish border has sparked a full diplomatic row leading to the European Commission reversing the plan as Boris Johnson, Arlene Foster and Michael Martin express their anger to Ursula von der Leyen. The EU now says its attempt to enforce vaccine controls in Ireland was an error despite Macron still pushing for limits as any attempt to do so would breach the EU-UK Withdrawal Agreement. Foster says it is an 'act of hostility' showing how the EU has taken an anti-NI stance at the very first test of word not to impose a hard border in Ireland. Meanwhile Macron said the AZ vaccine was 'almost ineffective' against over 65yr olds (so naturally that's why the EU is so desperate to get its hands on it... ?) but also admitted he had no official information to back that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X