• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Updated at last and as expected... just shy of 5,300

We truly are the very best at Lockdowns

Comment

Stop doing it to yourself mate. Get out and enjoy life like everyone else.

Comment

There in lies the rub, I'm definitely enjoying the position of being double dosed. The missus is too, the parents, most at work etc but the cold reality is that figure is still God. It'll decide if my eldest and youngest can do much for their birthdays, if Xmas can unfold, if school keeps the kids in consistently etc. Johnson has ignored and fell foul of that figure three times and it'll decide if he has to decide between going against his own members who he swore there'd be no fourth round of restrictions or a public who's last thoughts they heard were about him preferring bodies in the streets.

It's the catch 22 of going out and doing what we want - doing it will make a fourth lockdown happen and stop us from doing exactly that. I mean, it's all pointless anyway, even if 21 June gets delayed the current level of restrictions is clearly too loose to contain it so the picture is very quickly mapping itself out in the direction of Lockdown 04

All we can do in the meantime is go about our business... and watch that figure...

Comment

Yeah but if everyone is vaccinated and not actually ill what does it matter? We are asking literally millions of people with no symptoms to test every day. I do two a week. Of course you will find more and more as people return to the workplace and tested.

Comment

Eventually it won't, but with half the country still yet to be vaccinated (or at least whatever amount are willing to be in the end) I'm starting to get the vibe we may well still end up having one more lockdown in us.

Comment

There won't be another lockdown.

Furlough will not continue after October.

People will be left to fend for themselves.

Johnson will point to the "staggering success of the Great British vaccination program" and expect those who aren't fully dosed to fulfill their "civic duty" to stay safe and avoid breaking the NHS more than it already is. This will be despite the fact that there'll be groups who stop wearing masks or who have had both doses but don't understand that the precautions are to protect everybody else.

It's a nightmare of monumental proportions.

Comment

I hope you are wrong. I personally cannot see it being that bad again. People have been filling arenas in America and as far as I can find there hasn't been any more than normal transmission. This is the herd immunity Boris wanted from the start!

Football, concerts etc are all back on. Maybe they only let 10k in but it's all theatre as everyone mixes in the toilets and at the turnstiles.

Comment

Reassuringly someone at work just tested positive, had their second dose a few weeks ago too. Thank god wfh has lasted a tad longer, just about ducked that one

Comment

Is that person at all ill?

Comment

Yep, only mildly but definitely feeling it. Three others they were with are also positive now, one no dose and two one dose. Curious how much it might have hit if she wasn't dosed as the first dose absolutely floored her.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong too, but, well, the Conservatives.

Comment

Turns out Michael Gove was at the champions league final in Portugal. I guess that's why it wasn't on the red list earlier. Arrogant pricks.

I've had Covid. My teacher mrs picked it up at work. We dealt with fluey hangover symptoms just fine. Im sure everyone will cope with that after they've had the jabs.

Comment

I feel like I've slipped into a joke dimension

"Mr Martin said that special preference could be given to those countries nearest to the UK."

Comment

Haha you couldn't write it! Did he not see this happening? I had a premier inn breakfast the other day and couldnt get a coffee topup (buffet rules) for 30 minutes then just left, feeling ripped off. That's because the staff were so slow they couldn't cope. You can't get good, fast, hard workers in hospitality with no EU movement, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                Turns out Michael Gove was at the champions league final in Portugal. I guess that's why it wasn't on the red list earlier. Arrogant pricks.
                                Just looked this up and it's true. Can scarcely believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X