United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Just looked this up and it's true. Can scarcely believe it.
    Lol. Why the surprise?

I mean, earlier this year, we had the PM telling everybody to stay local while he travelled right across London (lift by car) to cycle at the Olympic Park despite literally having the capital's three biggest parks on his doorstep. Many on here were quick to defend him too despite it clearly being wrong.

One rule for them...

Comment

It's reached a point in this country were they could just say only those in the highest income tax bracket can go abroad and we'd all nod along.

Comment

Yeah. So Chelsea and Man City played each other with more fans in attendance than would be allowed in any stadium in England. Just think about how utterly stupid that is. Travel hundreds of miles to do something that wouldnt be allowed in this country then travel back. It is farcical. Rules are over, for me. Shame some of my friends are still listening to these morons.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
          Rules are over, for me.
          Rules are on, for me, for the good of everyone else who isn't Bojo or Pob. I sympathise with the frustration, but Toryscum is going to be Toryscum no matter what happens; I'm trying to remember it's not for them.

Comment

Rules are over, for me.
            Lucky you.

I'm hoping we reach a point soon when that'll happen "officially", although the province is essentially ploughing forward to make Stampede happen this year by removing all restrictions by July 1st.
            They've told us that the double-dosed don't need to isolate for 2 weeks any more. My school board has overridden that very quickly for the remainder of the school year (3.5 weeks). I don't know if that'll continue in September, and I'm expecting pressure from parents will mean it won't.
            After two shots, I'm not as concerned as before. Covid zero won't happen, but it was be nice if we could NOT get any more variants.

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Because you all love this stuff really - nearly 6300

Comment

I don't feel like I'm being flippant saying covid is over. I've been locked up with two babies for so long, I need an outlet. A trip to Arcade Club maybe. Think about that. An arcade where touchpoints are the entire point of the place is open. Clearly no one is very worried any more.

Comment

I don't feel like I'm being flippant saying covid is over. I've been locked up with two babies for so long, I need an outlet. A trip to Arcade Club maybe. Think about that. An arcade where touchpoints are the entire point of the place is open. Clearly no one is very worried any more.
                  I've been locked up with 3 kids under 5 ... I think given the option of trading them for a man eating Tiger I'd go with the Tiger.

We've just got back from 6 days in Cornwall and basically we've observed the most lax mask wearing we've seen. People either not bothering at all or just putting them on sporadically when it chooses them. At the beach you can basically forget it and whilst we find a nice spot away from many by the time we were there are hour we had people all around us within a metre.

We're still towing the line going into shops and we went into a pub for the first time in 2 years yesterday to have a meal in the beer garden and that venue handled it brilliantly. Every table spaced out, no mingling and you order everything from a web app and they bring it to you.

So it's mixed bag really. I see the venue's doing what they can to enforce but at the same time generally people are just giving up on protocol.
                  Last edited by nonny; 04-06-2021, 17:50.

Comment

Given the vaccine rollout in our countries, it seems nuts now to let things go. It’s like getting shot on the last day of a war.

Comment

Yep, it makes sense that if there's something you want to do to go out and responsibly enjoy it... because the course we're on they'll be shut again come August

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        I've been locked up with 3 kids under 5 ... I think given the option of trading them for a man eating Tiger I'd go with the Tiger.

We've just got back from 6 days in Cornwall and basically we've observed the most lax mask wearing we've seen. People either not bothering at all or just putting them on sporadically when it chooses them. At the beach you can basically forget it and whilst we find a nice spot away from many by the time we were there are hour we had people all around us within a metre.

We're still towing the line going into shops and we went into a pub for the first time in 2 years yesterday to have a meal in the beer garden and that venue handled it brilliantly. Every table spaced out, no mingling and you order everything from a web app and they bring it to you.

So it's mixed bag really. I see the venue's doing what they can to enforce but at the same time generally people are just giving up on protocol.
                        Same for me. We were just in Devon, for 3 days though so a bit envious of your 6! I don't think masks are required on the beach (in the rules) and yeah I agree pubs are doing things well, but that's because they are being inspected and closed down if they don't.

Comment

Same for me. We were just in Devon, for 3 days though so a bit envious of your 6! I don't think masks are required on the beach (in the rules) and yeah I agree pubs are doing things well, but that's because they are being inspected and closed down if they don't.
                          Yeah I think that is precisely it, pubs and restaurants are under scrutiny but everywhere else you'd think there wasn't any rules at all.

On the beaches you don't need a mask but there's still a distancing rule yet we basically watches hundreds of people pretty much just taking at as a normal day.

I dunno, I get it's been so long people are over it and the vaccine roll out is going well but you look at the numbers and we're still not out of the woods yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            They've told us that the double-dosed don't need to isolate for 2 weeks any more
                            This is a question that's been nagging at me since the vaccine started rolling out
                            What is the protocol once your vaccinated & if you do get a dose of the old C-19 do you still need to isolate for 2 weeks or if it's only mild do you carry on

If it's still isolation then when does it end
                            It will always just be a cycle of isolation & never knowing if you'll be going to work next week or not

Neil

Comment

10 days of isolation for the positive case and anyone who meets the criteria of being a close contact. Other than myself (due to WFH) the entire team at work now has to do isolation which has caused a right issue. Ultimately it's still a case that too many people aren't vaccinated and so being vaccinated with COVID still means putting others at risk. I think the time where the band-aid is ripped off is coming but until all age groups have been offered a jab and reasonably processed the existing rules will be considered to be required. Once we reach the point where only those who have chosen not to receive it are at serious risk they'll call it a day for the measures - assuming new serious variants stop popping up. With the needle having not moved enough toward vaccination/herd immunity levels yet another lockdown remains on the cards which makes the 21 June debate daft as if cases are spiralling now it doesn't matter what they do on the 21st, it's the current rules that are the issue.

Comment

Cases going up, but only really that, hospitalisations and deaths holding in general. That’s what the Government are more worried about.

Stay safe everyone. Cautionary tale, work colleague of missus has son kept home from school last week as rapid flow test showed Covid positive. Both work colleague and his wife have had both AZ jabs for a while now, one perk of working for the NHS. Both now tested positive for Covid and showing symptoms, presumably caught from son. I know this situation is going to be the vast minority and really crappy luck to have happened, but still need to be safe and smart even after getting both jabs.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X