No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

641,000 children missed school last week due to isolating. I'm not sure changing the rules works in driving that figure down if come October it's replaced by positive testing children.

From 16 August you will only isolate if you test positive, Javid effectively lying like a rug in justifying that one.Under 18 year olds won't have to isolate if they've had close contact with a positive case either despite being unvaccinated.

Comment

Comment

Children are already causing cases to spike even with the current rules. Any time the schools re-opened the infections would go right up.

When China were initially dealing with it, they moved kids into large open spaces like sports halls and had them sat at individual desks with plastic screens. As usual, we decided it was too much bother.

Comment

The incompetence on display was summed up by Williamson when asked what people should do if their kid develops a cough. Basically, if they're too ill to go in they should stay at home, otherwise go in and Test & Trace will contact them if it emerges they've been in contact with a positive case.

Putting aside the laughable idea that T&T works - their entire premise is that if your kid has COVID it means they caught it in the classroom through a fellow pupil. 1 - That's not at all how it works and 2 - If it were it would mean at least 2 cases and their logic is broken

If they estimate 50,000 daily cases come 19 July and 100,000 come end of August then the second school gates open in September we're going to see a wasteland of sick small bodies mounting up

Comment

And potentially long term health issues around the yet to be fully understood consequences of Long Covid.

Comment

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Small increase but its only Tuesday and third wave records across the board

Comment

Scum that refuse to wear masks should be hog tied and left on the floor as an example for, say 12hrs, theres zero excuses unless your so vulnerable your on oxygen bottles, in which case you shouldn’t be outside anyway.

Im doing my bit to call them out but i’m only one person guys.

Comment

The will be no requirement to wear masks on 19th July - they won't need an excuse.

Comment

Well i’m looking forward to the new wave of YouTube vids of kids yanking masks off or coughing in peoples faces.

Comment

If someone doesn't like you wearing a mask, just tell them you've got Covid but you fancied a walk.

Comment

Data projects 2m infections and 10m isolations just over the summer following the UK's plans

Comment

The bit which hacks me off is the Tories & the Express saying "it's a return to personal responsibility".

If that were true, we would remove the rules, and most people would still wear masks. If we could trust people to be responsible, I would have no problem lifting the rules.

But we all know we can't trust people to do that. I live near the beach and I'm just not going to go outside the weekend of July 19th. My wife works as a dental nurse and it's evident that the vast majority of the population can't be trusted to brush their teeth twice a day. Terry Pratchett once said that if you put a big red button in a cave, and painted a sign above it saying "END OF WORLD BUTTON, DO NOT PRESS" then you wouldn't even have time for the paint to dry, and he was right.

The pandemic has gone so far as to erode my faith in democracy. People honestly, sometimes, just need to be told what to do. Like children. But then they act like children in response, so I suppose it's fine.

Comment

Comment

If you want to see a demonstration of personal responsibility, go to almost any public toilet. If we're all personally responsible, it should be immaculate.

Comment

Working...
                                X