X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Totally true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
      If you want to see a demonstration of personal responsibility, go to almost any public toilet. If we're all personally responsible, it should be immaculate.
      Hate to be "that guy" but I wish I knew what it was that made such things always clean in Japan, and always a horror show in the UK. I just don't know what the difference is, but there's definitely a difference.

Comment

Given the situation this all feels simply unreal. Putting a former financier in charge of health and expecting anything other than a return to commerce at any costs was insane (or, probably, 100% planned). And all the while Javid is pimping himself as the freedom warrior. It's the most reckless gamble the Tories have pulled since Brexit, which means they'll probably increase their majority/popularity.

Comment

The Scottish Sun and the Scottish Tories go in on the Scottish Shadow Health Secretary for taking his kids to Harry Potter studios in London, he's ready for them though:

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Hate to be "that guy" but I wish I knew what it was that made such things always clean in Japan, and always a horror show in the UK. I just don't know what the difference is, but there's definitely a difference.
            Errrrrm, its the people obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              Given the situation this all feels simply unreal. Putting a former financier in charge of health and expecting anything other than a return to commerce at any costs was insane (or, probably, 100% planned). And all the while Javid is pimping himself as the freedom warrior. It's the most reckless gamble the Tories have pulled since Brexit, which means they'll probably increase their majority/popularity.
              The problem is that the Tories have shifted to this stance just as things are starting to look better regarding deaths etc.

People will die who didn't have to. But it's probably not a gigantic number and as a result, the largely callous UK population who vote Tory will see them as the heroes who ended the Pandemic.

Comment

I look forward to a sea of public complaints over the summer months of 'Finally! We're off to XXXX on our hols!'

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Respect and a sense of community?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    The Scottish Sun and the Scottish Tories go in on the Scottish Shadow Health Secretary for taking his kids to Harry Potter studios in London, he's ready for them though:
                    Pretty sure there aren't any travel restrictions between Scotland and London and even policticians deserve a day off (in fact, if they took more days off things might even improve ).

I'm not sure I see a front page story here.

Plus he's right, Matt Hancock.

Comment

This thread is going to explode on 19th July!

Too early does seem to be the overwhelming sentiment. We will see how that translates on the 19th. I have a feeling it will be 50/50 initially then masks will disappear over a few weeks or so. After all, you are mainly protecting others.

Comment

Good on him for calling it out - Everyone needs time off or their work quality becomes awful. Like any major politician they will have a whole department of staff. I'd rather other politicians followed that example to be honest, the odd day with their family has to be better than weeks of having covert affairs with their staff.

Comment

I just plan to keep doing what I've been doing - I don't have my 2nd jab until September (there was nothing local until very recently as the GPs decided to stop providing a vaccine service). Even after a 2nd jab I don't intend to go out on a clubbing spree

I'm going to stay at home, have a nice latte and wait for all this to blow over. How's that for slice of fried gold?

Comment

Comment

I certainly displute the logic that delaying things wouldn't have reduced cases. If less people are mingling, then a virus has less opportunity to mingle too - hence it doesn't spread as much.

You don't need to have an advance degree to understand how viruses spread - the more people there are to spread it, the more it spreads.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                You don't need to have an advance degree to understand how viruses spread - the more people there are to spread it, the more it spreads.
                                Yeah but your fancy-pants science isn't going to get me pissed and balls deep in some fit bird on Benidorm beach at 4am is it Marty

Comment

Working...
                                X