Chairs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chairs...

My desk/work/gaming chair is old and crap. Need a new one. Any recommendations? Mrs Brad has the Ikea one that everyone recommends but I tried that yesterday and th arm rests are a bit high and it felt a bit too firm.

I had the IKEA Markus chair for 6+ years. Moved it from the UK to Spain and then sold it because it just wasn't worth the money transporting it again. I'm not a fan of the gaming chair look so I always go with something more "office" looking.

This is really good value for money Brad:

Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Shop online and in store today.

Comment

Yep. Ordered the IKEA one. I’ll fit different arm rests to it. They’re so sturdy! If I don’t get used to the firmness I can always swap the pad fit out. Arrives tomorrow.

Comment

You won't be dissapointed. That chair has sold like crazy and for good reason. By the way I never knew you could mod it. Interested to see the end result.

Comment

Miller Aeron. It's amazing. It's expensive but you can get them cheaper as a refurb and it's the last office chair you'll ever need.

Comment

Sounds like you've got it sorted now, but I have a Herman Miller Lino which I like very much. Very adjustable and supportive. I was having back problems from sitting in a bad chair before getting it, which went away quickly once I switched to it.

Comment

Yeah I read about the Herman Miller stuff. They’re more focused on making sure you have correct posture than being comfortable. You have to sit in them correctly, which is a good thing for sure, it I just know that I wouldn’t!

Comment

You do, and that’s something I struggled with at first. I thought I was buying some big comfy armchair, which is totally not what they are. But I acclimatised and now really like it, and think it’s been good for me.

They are very comfortable, but you do also need to use them correctly.

Totally fair that that’s not what you’re looking for, though!

Comment

I had a Markus, excellent for the price; the cover on headrest tends to peel off easily though. Switched to a Noblechairs Hero and very happy with it; pretty much everything can be adjusted to your liking and the seat is so wide you can even sit with legs crossed if that's your thing.

Comment

Yeah I looked at the nobles but their longevity came into question. They make some very nice looking chairs though. Anyway Markus arrived. Proper try out tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                    X