Weekend plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend plans

I've noticed, quite rightly, that this place goes a little quiet on weekends.
    I thought I'd put this up for people to share their fun and exiting plans and activities for the weekends.

My weekends usually involves a family day out and then full time daddy day care on the the other weekend day, depending on which day my wife is working.
    Then once the kids are in bed, I'll have a drink and do some gaming or a movie.
    Ah, how I miss the free and easy days.

Whats everyone else doing?

Weekly shop, three young children, in-laws, maybe a walk of a Sunday afternoon, a family film.

It's Monday again before you know it.

Comment

Never plan my weekends. I wake up and do whatever I feel like. A perk of living alone, I guess.

Comment

Our first year together [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] and I lived a few hours away from each other so would only see each other around once a month and when we moved in together my hours were very antisocial and I worked most weekends, sometimes on 12 hour shifts. I did that job for 5 years until I got into dental nursing which was more 9-5 weekday work so now I have most weekends off.

We just appreciate having the time together.

This weekend we're finishing off tidying and cleaning for Christmas as we are leaving to see family after work on Wednesday. I'm desperately trying to start and finish some Christmas decoration gifts for my mum and the bloke is on/off playing with his new VR headset. We plan to watch a few Christmas movies and I'll bake some chocolate chip shortbread later. Gonna go and get the car ready for the long drive tonight too with my tyres and such checked and top up the petrol.

Currently watching some Gregg Wallace Christmas show.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          Currently watching some Gregg Wallace Christmas show.
          Ban request!!

Comment

My Evercade VS came in on Friday as did my PS1 with X-Station, so I think I will be flitting between the two while finalising my Xmas prep. Them presents won't wrap themselves sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Our first year together [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] and I lived a few hours away from each other so would only see each other around once a month and when we moved in together my hours were very antisocial and I worked most weekends, sometimes on 12 hour shifts. I did that job for 5 years until I got into dental nursing which was more 9-5 weekday work so now I have most weekends off.

We just appreciate having the time together.
              Much the same here. My Wife is a Nurse and works odd hours but my work is a Monday - Friday schedule, so when we do sync up and have a weekend free, it's mostly catch up!

On my final day of a 4 day weekend as 'm using up work holiday and just been enjoying the time off. Spent the first 2 days catching up on housework and doing the shopping, in-between watching The Beatles Get Back documentary. And watching that has resulted in me learning the opening to I've Got a Feeling but I'm still trying to refine it.

With the Wife back from her work, we spent yesturday walking into town, having lunch and buying some posh nosh in M&S for Christmas before walking back and stoping by the lights.

Today, I'm just back from my morning 10km run and plan on chilling most of today, playing some Froza Horizion 4 while the Mrs plays some Animal Crossing then we'll be watching The Last Duel this evening.

I'm back at work tommrow but only for 2 days before off work till the New Year. Really can't wait and it was nice having this 4 day weekend in prep for almost 2 weeks off work. Hope everyone else is having some time off this Christmas?

Comment

I spent last night at the pub till late with a few close mates, including one of my best friends who lives in San Francisco now. Him and his husband had just gotten off the plane earlier that day, grabbed a few hours kip at their hotel and came straight out to the pub with us. Hadn't seen him in person for over two years, although we keep in touch on the reg.

Was a brilliant night, felt a bit the worse for wear this morning when the dog roused me for her morning walk, though she was patient enough to give me till half ten in my pit before she declared enough was enough

Comment

Haven’t had many free weekends recently so I popped up to Dundee to visit friends. Covid booster this evening, hopefully I won’t have to queue for long then I’ll go and visit another mate that lives a bit more local.

Comment

Weekends are usually spent entertaining the kids and ferrying them round to their various activities, but yesterday I got a pass out.

Went to see Hitchin Town, but the match was abandoned after about 20 minutes when a Tamworth player got knocked out. Totally sparko laid out on the pitch. So we decamped to the bar, then to a pub to play darts, to a Thai place for a banging meal and then to the beer shop over the road, before a final pint in another pub, then home. Was a quality Saturday!

And haven't been particularly hungover today either, so a bit of a win

Comment

Christmas movies while entertaining the baby. Went for a walk, then to the offie for a bottle of pre-mulled wine, so I can get pre-mullered on the cold days coming this week.

Comment

What's a weekend? I do five days of work and then two days of Community Child Care Service

Comment

Anyone got any new year plans?
                          I'm doing nothing. Probably go to bed early.

Comment

My host for a a wee Hogmany get together now has Covid so that was canned. As does my apprentice at work. Think it’s maybe prudent I stay at home and test.

Comment

Stayed in. We're quite high up in an apartment block with a fairly clear view out of either side, so could see a huge number of private fireworks displays going off across the horizon, which was fun for five minutes or so. Was originally going to have some friends over, but given work schedules, animals to shelter from the boom boom bangs, and the fact that last NY they came to us they got burgled, it was decided to postpone until the night after. I will be in the kitchen a bit later on prepping some good things.

Comment

Working...
                              X