Thinking about getting an E Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting an E Bike

Anyone know much about them? Apparently there's different types with certain ones not requiring a license to use.

Prices are coming down now, the tech is getting better and fuel is going up! I'm spending about £120 a month to get to work now. My job is about 12 miles away so getting an e bike on finance for a decent one around £1600 would pay for itself after about a year to 18 months use, although I probably wouldn't use it between December and February.

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
    Anyone know much about them? Apparently there's different types with certain ones not requiring a license to use.

Prices are coming down now, the tech is getting better and fuel is going up! I'm spending about £120 a month to get to work now. My job is about 12 miles away so getting an e bike on finance for a decent one around £1600 would pay for itself after about a year to 18 months use, although I probably wouldn't use it between December and February.
    I can't say much about the tech, but I've ridden one and the experience was fantastic. I had to do some location scouting in Scotland, and that involved making our way through some out-of-the-way places; we hired 3 of these bikes and they were amazing. Cycling up really steep roads was like cycling up a small incline. Really easy to use, too; if you can ride a bike you're golden.

Comment

I’ve used an e-bike off road and the assistance it gives you is great going up hills. But depending on the route I would stick to a regular bike for commuting. Cheaper and better for your fitness.

Comment

Working...
      X