BPX065: Who Wants To Live Forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPX065: Who Wants To Live Forever?

Researchers are making big strides in a technique that reprograms the bodies cells making them reverse the process of aging and behave to a younger degree in a process that could de-age someone by up to thirty years. In addition to this the affected cells experienced stronger healing properties.

The work is intended to help reverse the conditions for those affected by age related mental and physical health conditions but also poses the realistic possibility of one day being able to buy more time for individuals.

There is more work to be done but it is one of the more successful and rapid moving older health condition and age reversing projects in development.

I've always found it interesting in any longer life discussion I've had how commonly people oppose the idea of living longer than they already will, especially in light of how modern medicine is broadly the reason why the current average lifespan is what it is to begin with. There is no mention on whether the process would be a one off or if an individual could go through it again every 30 years to repeatedly roll back the clock.

If the option to one day reverse your age by 30 years existed, would you take it?
    I wouldn't undergo the treatment
    0%
    I would want to buy back more time
    0%

I would take it in a heartbeat. And then take it again in 30 years. And so on. Forever.

Here we are. Born to be kings. We are the princes of the universe!

Comment

I'd definitely take it, I've got a right backlog of games to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I would take it in a heartbeat. And then take it again in 30 years. And so on. Forever.
        Absolutely. I might be miserable, but I'd be alive to be miserable.

But I have absolutely no religious beliefs. I think death is just the absolute end of cogniscent existence.

Comment

If I could be 30 years younger I would take that opportunity. The life experience and knowledge I have now combined with a body minus the wear and tear would be great. Being able to properly enjoy retirement would be a big draw too.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Absolutely. I might be miserable, but I'd be alive to be miserable.
            This sounds like a Morrissey lyric!

Comment

30 years you say not sure id want to be 13 again, if this wind back could also wipe out the last 20 years worth of my financial irresponsibility, id be happy with that though would be nice to have hair on my head again too.

Comment

I can only guess but I assume it would be something like 70 year olds who can afford it can rewind to 40, but would still be expected to work

Comment

Surely you'd want to rewind yourself biologically to a bit earlier than 40. I'm 32 and I've already got aches and pains. 55 back to 25 I reckon.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                  Here we are. Born to be kings. We are the princes of the universe!

What would be better is if through some mad scientific anomaly this technology only worked for the existing active membership of Bordersdown. Finally able to take our rightful place as the elder council of Planet Earth. It's the only logical endgame of this website.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition

If the option to one day reverse your age by 30 years existed, would you take it?
                    Good lord no
                    Most days I don't want to live past the end of the week, the thought of being able to extend the existence is not something I'd ever want to do

Go back in time definitely, keep living longer god no

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I can only guess but I assume it would be something like 70 year olds who can afford it can rewind to 40, but would still be expected to work
                      "ok sir your officially 40 again, we're really sorry but you current final salary pension can only be claimed when your 65, good look finding a job sir as the current job market is dire, and not at all like the boom times you remember, its more like orginsed slavery if truth be told. You dont get paid anywhere near enough to live off so here's a list of your local foodbanks and a free electric blanket as you wont be able to heat your house anymore"

Comment

Expectation:

Reality:

Comment

No thanks, I can take my final salary now if I want or let it get to full whack in two years. I've worked over forty years am not going back to work another thirty.

**** off.

Comment

30 years is too much for me right now, I don't want to be 7 again. Going from 60 to 30 would be appealing though so yeah, I probably would in that case.

Comment

Absolutely i would, just 20 years for me though please. Give me that 20year old body with 2 good knees and able to work 16hrs a day and not even think about it, then go out running 5 miles after. Obviously i want my mind intact, just the new body please.

Comment

Working...
                              X