Your achievements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your achievements

Inspired by Neon's "To the winners" topic. I don't think I've ever told this story here:

In 1981, at the age of 11 I managed to snatch 65 coins ( https://www.recordholders.org/en/records/coin.html ) , beating the then world record by 3 (we had a copy of the 1977 guinness book of records), with child's hands! I excitedly told my mum and she said "that's nice dear" and that was the end of it.

Anyone else got anything cool to share? It can be anything!

That's actually pretty awesome!

Comment

That's mega.

I did a 10k run in 35 minutes a couple of years ago before my op. Not bad at my age.

Comment

I don’t even understand running but I know that’s good!!!

Comment

I ran 50 miles today. 10h47m. Totally fubard

94,000 steps

Comment

When I was in year 6 I played on the school football team and we won the county cup. I scored a hat trick in the semi final.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I ran 50 miles today. 10h47m. Totally fubard

94,000 steps
              Amazing!!!!
              My dad was an amazing runner. Did London to Brighton (double Marathon) in 8 hours.
              Oh yeah, he was pulling this when he did it (go to image 9 on this website, I can't link the image directly):

My Dad is image 3 if you're interested :-)

Comment

Blimey that's fast

Comment

I've worked on a few things that have been reproduced millions of times, some of which people here might even own. Some of which I don't actually know (some of the stuff was licensable, i.e. a manufacturer might be using it today and I wouldn't necessarily know).

In terms of my own creative work, I literally have fans on every continent save Antarctica. But with the internet being what it is today, that's not as meaningful an achievement as it was 30 years ago

Comment

I beat up the hardest kid in our school - an incredibly horrible and nasty bully who I think was genuinely evil - and completely got away with it. I admit that "beat up" is a poor choice of wording, I just sneaked up and brained him with a Lucozade bottle and ran off before he knew who'd done it.

I also saw a box in the back of Keith Harris' car that possibly contained Orville.

Comment

I got star letter in N64 back in the day.
                      I had previously had a letter printed but failed to receive my pin badge so asked if I could have one which they sent with my prize. It broke after a week

Prize was a steering wheel controller, completely useless for me but I did win a Super Smash bros match with it as Yoshi which was an achievement in itself

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        I got star letter in N64 back in the day.
                        I had previously had a letter printed but failed to receive my pin badge so asked if I could have one which they sent with my prize. It broke after a week
                        I had two N64 Magazine badges from letters. Lost one and stupidly gave the second to a friend. Not a great decision.

Comment

Amazing (the letters)

Comment

Sad that the badges didn't survive. They would have been good in the gaming stuff thread

Comment

I think I still have (or I did until very recently) the N64 magazine keyring with Link on it somewhere, also many of the mini guide books.

Comment

Working...
                              X