NTSC-RePlay 021: Grammarpocalypse III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-RePlay 021: Grammarpocalypse III

It's happened twice but the original was in 2013 when Bordersdown went grammar mad...

This isn't NTSC-UK.... this is NTSC-RePlay

16 January 2013 was the original instance when Charlesr raised an irritation with the increasingly common use of sentences such as 'There's loads of them'. It quickly spread with examples and a shift to include poor misuses of alternative spelling of words also.

Does the misuse of grammar still drive you into a rage?
    What common poor use examples do you come across these days?

Shhhh, you aint seen me

Comment

Just heading to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for the day, I'd need more time than I have to reply properly!

Comment

If it's a forum with people talking, it can be a bit jarring, but it's a bunch of people having fun, who cares.

If it's something professionally made (article, thumbnail, video), I do care because if that's your work, you should at the very least know basic grammar, like the difference between it's and its, or using apostrophies to pluralise words that change vowels at the end (city/cities).

Comment

I think their is a element of poor grammar hear but, not on my part.

Comment

It doesn't really bother me from others.
            I usually check my post before I hit reply, just because I hate having spelling mistakes and grammar errors in my messages.

Comment

I am judging all of you, all the time.

Comment

I went to a shopping centre near Wembley once and there was a flower stall called "Lillies Flower's" which had a pluralisation and possessive apostrophe wrong, which was an amazing achievement on a painted sign.

It used to bother me quite a lot and re-reading what I said previously probably still stands, but I've become a lot more relaxed about it.
                I said before it's frustrating to see a great post, riddled with spelling mistakes, but these days I'd rather just see a great post.

I'd rather have a read a post from someone enthusiastic or speak with a person whose first language isn't English, but has an interesting life story than someone grammatically perfect or speaks like Jacob Rees-Mogg.
                I'd rather speak to someone who can't speak English than speak to Mogg.

I've realised life is too short for this kind of pettiness, but will happily learn if I have something wrong or help others if they ask.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp
                  I've realised life is too short for this kind of pettiness, but will happily learn if I have something wrong or help others if they ask.

Yeah I hate petty people. I add all the ones I know to my list.

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

I rage every time. It should be a bannable offence. First time. No excuses.

Comment

I think an over reliance on autocorrect has led to many typing "defiantly" when they mean "definitely".

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!;

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I'd rather speak to someone who can't speak English than speak to Mogg.
                          I'd rather speak to a well-used urinal than Mogg.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                            I'd rather speak to a well-used urinal than Mogg.
                            "Are you taking the piss?!"

(Could be said to either)

Comment

This place changed my view on word crimes. Forget who said it but someone made the point that if you have an understanding of what is written in front of you then what's the problem, and I have to agree (with some exception ... my son's English homework for example). But pie's, chip's, etc ... they'll never go away. Why get angry? We still understand the proposition.

Comment

Working...
                              X