No announcement yet.

America & World V: Sacré Bleu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some one flew a drone into North Korea from the Chinese border and took photos. Naught boy.

You can click on the pics for a full res view - that's a lot of housing.

Comment

Just look at how empty it is. Plus looks like they get all the polition from China by looking at those skies.

Comment

What's weird is that in some ways, it looks nice (though I read somewhere that it has buildings that suggest a much higher population density than it has, like, you'll have a building with 100 apartments that only has ~10 people living there). Makes you reflect on how the problem isn't the place, but rather some of the people.

Comment

Yep, the lack of people is the stand out thing. God I wish it was like that over here

Comment

This seems to have popped up again recently, but apparently it was filmed during lockdown, so a few years ago.

It's still fascinating, I'm just saying this wasn't taken yesterday and apparently the drone pilot is still alive!

Comment

Those are great shots, I hadn't seen those before. I really like how you can see people curiously looking up at it. We don't see many pictures of places in NK other than Pyongyang.

Looking at other threads by the same Redditor, apparently this is Sinuiju.

Comment

Tennessee legislature passes bill banning marriage between first cousins | Tennessee | The Guardian

Comment

Donald Trump criminal trial over hush money begins in New York – live (theguardian.com)
                  Today Trump officially became the first ex-President to go to court in a criminal case.

Comment

And once again, what’s the point? He will just slime his way out of any consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      And once again, what’s the point? He will just slime his way out of any consequences.
                      He's trying to slime his way out, but the point is his three massively damaging cases puts him in the centre of sleaze country, and they're draining him of funds and supporters. He wasted around 10 million before the case even started by submitting a crazy amounts of motions to the court to try and get the case suspended or thrown out. The hissy fits he keeps throwing too are hilarious to see, it's like seeing him unravel in real time.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 15-04-2024, 15:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        What's weird is that in some ways, it looks nice (though I read somewhere that it has buildings that suggest a much higher population density than it has, like, you'll have a building with 100 apartments that only has ~10 people living there). Makes you reflect on how the problem isn't the place, but rather some of the people.
                        For an inside look at (horrific) life in North Korea, I’d highly recommend this documentary: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001vvvc

There’s also one on China’s state surveillance and control of population, which is a 1984 scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Just look at how empty it is. Plus looks like they get all the polition from China by looking at those skies.
                          Aye, they were getting the smog in 2003 at the DMZ as well!

Comment

There's a photo of Trump falling asleep during the case less than an hour in... Presidential material there...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                            X