Little Things That Irk You IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Things That Irk You IX

Johnson's continuous attempts to use Ukraine for his own personal career PR purposes

Old thread here:

Comment

I really envy people that can just climb in bed and fall asleep. Every day I’m knackered from tossing and turning half the night.

Comment

...... that's me

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...uk-in-a-minute
          Johnson's continuous attempts to use Ukraine for his own personal career PR purposes
          Boris Johnson has said Vladimir Putin claimed he could have sent a missile to hit Britain “within a minute”
          What missile I wonder? I can't be arsed to do the maths but wouldn't even something like a Starstreak need to be launched from a P&O ferry during a channel crossing to hit UK land in under a minute?

Comment

I think you are getting too into the military tech weeds. I think Putin was saying, I can basically say the word and the missile is on its way. Fear me and my wrath.

If the story is even true and not just more bollocks from Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              What missile I wonder? I can't be arsed to do the maths but wouldn't even something like a Starstreak need to be launched from a P&O ferry during a channel crossing to hit UK land in under a minute?
              There are rumors about a Russian hypersonic missile, and IIRC Russia stated they successfully fired it and achieved the desired speed, but pretty much every military analyst has doubts about the claim due to lack of resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Russia has zero functioning missiles that could or would hit the uk, and if they did, our air defence system would shoot it down before it hit, they can show all the bull vids they want, Russia are using cold war technology against a country that has long since moved on.

They could fly a bomber over and drop something, but thats an even slower target to turkey shoot down.

Or use one of their last remaining su-37’s on a suicide run.

So year, lots of options for failure if Russia want to go to war with all of Nato, at least we can finish them off a bit quicker.

Comment

The likely run of events would be:

Russia launches and ICBM.
                  NATO radar and early warning system would pick it up and scramble to intercept.
                  By which time the missile would hit its target.
                  Nato can then easily back trace it to its launch silo, at which point its taken out, along with the other known silos in Russia.
                  Tanks roll up to the border and the world turns it back on Russia totally because the writing is on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    The likely run of events would be:
                    Russia trys to launches ICBM.
                    Russia made ICBM Explodes in Silo taking out Russian base.
                    Russia blames Ukraine.
                    Boris forgets to do up his trousers trips down stairs and breaks Neck
                    UK Government Blames European Immigrant who works at trousers factory who was also Striking for Borris death.
                    Torys vote in new Bill to stop anything like this happening again by banning the EU and Striking and trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      There are rumors about a Russian hypersonic missile, and IIRC Russia stated they successfully fired it and achieved the desired speed, but pretty much every military analyst has doubts about the claim due to lack of resources.
                      I don’t believe a single thing Russia says about any of its military, they’ve thrown everything at Ukraine and its all been destroyed, they are literally down to t-62’s in some regions. Hypersonic missiles that are at the bleeding edge of modern tech that are also ready to launch is total, utter, crap.

Comment

They did all this posturing during the cold War, and when the iron curtain finally fell all they had was a handful of rusty tanks and a load of old nukes.

Comment

Little things that irk you , as in an irk not a major issue but enough to rattle me.

I want to go to an old friend's BBQ birthday party but an old toxic friend will be there and one of her scabby mates who BBQ friend insists has mellowed out more than toxic, who too is a bit better since having kids.

I wanna see my friend but not those 2. I was prepared last week to be more adult and start booking time off to travel to go but they made my life hell for so long and toxic always ruined other people's days with her drama, I don't want me being there to be a reason for stuff to kick off.

In all honesty I think things would be ok if I went, its just I will DEFINATLY stick out like a sore thumb being the only one without kids there too. I like kids, I just dont want drama to happen with them around and, knowing toxic and friend, if there is anything in them like the old days, they wont care what they expose to their kids and I will not be a doormat in this situation.

So I'm not going, and I feel like an insecure teenager again despite being 40 and it sucks. I just wanna see my friend, her daughter who I haven't seen since she was a baby and chill for a bit

Comment

Touching on Tiktok again after my rant the other day, looks like it “could” get a nation wide ban in the US if congress manage to vote on something for a change. Hopefully it does actually get band and the rest of western countries follow suit.

New legislation filed by Missouri Senator Josh Hawley proposes a nationwide ban on the widely popular Chinese-owned app.

Edit. Nation wide ban on all federal devices and government officials (then a national ban altogether), how is that not a thing already? Especially when the app will actively listen in on anyone and everyone using it.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-02-2023, 16:12.

Comment

It will just get cloned by a US version, probably by Zuckerberg. Same as how Twitter isn't a thing in China but got cloned by Sina Weibo.

It will be an absolute godsend for Facebook if it happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X