This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    My family usually fly over with KLM. Though they did use Aeroflot the first time and vowed never to use them again. Though they can say they've been to Moscow.
    Did Aeroflot myself once and they were fine, Sheremetyvo airport though was another story, by far the worst large gateway I've been through, toilets were swmimming in piss, bare electrics hanging from the walls and pubes in the sinks - lovely!

Originally posted by cHawKso View Post
    I went Air France last time - even though they don't always specify, it's a code share flight, so it's only Air France to CDG airport then it's a JAL flight from there.

Might not be best for Narita but I usually need to fly to Chubu Centrair so it's convenient for me.
    Codeshares are usually four digit numbers as opposed to the usual three digits you see normally.
    We'd really like to try Centrair but the connections over to TKS aren't great for connecting from/to our longhaul.

Originally posted by asnozz View Post
    I flew with ANA and Asiana last year and thought they were both great BA have been pretty bad to me of late.
    Not done ANA long haul but they're supposed to be good, Asiana are very good and amongst the regular travellers are known as Asia's best kept secret, not many people have heard of them but after trying Asiana they tend not to forget them - for the best reasons.
    When I flew with them I remember the free toothbrush packs in the toilets - even flowers in there, and Incheon airport is excellent, a great example of what a modern airport should be.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I've done British Airways and didn't like that particularly and so I'm thinking of JAL. Has anybody here flown longhaul with them before? Heathrow - Narita will be the journey so if anyone could post their impressions (or recommendations of another airline that won't break the bank) I'd be heartily grateful.
      I'm looking at booking flights for early next year and am thinking about taking up the offer JAL have at the moment so any feedback on them would be useful, thanks.

Comment

We flew to Hawai'i (from Narita) and back with JAL in April. Service was good, as was the food. Movies were okay - all their seats have LCD screens now. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
          I'm looking at booking flights for early next year and am thinking about taking up the offer JAL have at the moment so any feedback on them would be useful, thanks.
          I`ve flown with JAL twice and the service is excellent as Kryss says LCD in the back of the seat. The food was fine choice of movies etc was good. The flights with JAL can be expensive though I phoned Far East travel for a discount.

Comment

This may be a bit of a long shot but does anyone know of any retro shops in Fukuoka or the surrounding area? Cheers.

Comment

I flew with JAL twice, and both times they were very average. Not what I'd choose for a 12 hour flight. In the second division of airlines. Direct flights I always go ANA or Virgin, although JAL may have improved in the 5 years since I last endured them.

Comment

Last time I flew with JAL (new year) they were good. Selection of films etc.. was varied (they lend you a DS if you ask), free Yebisu! food was ok, but I never really eat anything on the plane anyway. Admittedly this was in one of their 777s, I don't know what routes they're still operating the old 747s on.

Comment

Finnair are doing a special discount for flights to Nagoya (and their other Japanese destinations as well I think). Just booked a return flight for October from London via Helsinki for ?420 return including all taxes etc.

They have a fleet of Airbus A340's, so should be quite comfortable.

Comment

Yep the 340 and 330 share a similar 2-4-2 layout with quite spacious seats.

Did Emirates last last year and the flight from Dubai was on a 340 (albeit a different type than Finnair operate).
                    Much more comfy than their 777's - though EK cram more seats on than they should do.

Good price by the way.

Comment

All booked.

Staying here again: http://www.solarehotels.com/english/...om/detail.html as we thought they were really good this year. Cozy rooms, very clean, excellent transport connections to everywhere in Tokyo.

Flying with JAL as they have a special winter deal on. Direct flights from Heathrow to Nartia for ?548.00 incl. all taxes and surcharges. Pretty good deal!

Can't wait now. Counting down the days.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Flying with JAL as they have a special winter deal on. Direct flights from Heathrow to Nartia for ?548.00 incl. all taxes and surcharges. Pretty good deal!
                        I went for that deal too, it seems like a good price.

Comment

ANA seems to have a similar deal on their website, but i cant get the price to correspond to their advert grrr (using the travel dates they state etc).

Comment

Am finally off to Jpn as part of my upcoming honeymoon and excited is not the word!

Few days in HK, just over a week in Bali and then 3 days Tokyo, 3 days Kyoto and another 3 days back in Tokyo.

We've booked this place in SHibuya:

I'm gonna spend so much money it's worrying...lol!

Bring it on...

Comment

Very much looking forward to my trip in September. I've just received my Studio Ghibli Museum ticket in the post which at only ?9, is a truly bargainous price!

A bit disappointed by the dwindling exchange rate from pounds to yen

Comment

Make sure you watch the little exclusive film at the Ghibli mueseum it's ace.
                                They also have special ghibli muesem beer as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X