This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Yodabashi Akiba was incredible! Although I did find myself singing their jingle constantly after my visit!
    Me too - the wife gets really annoyed with it

Back to the question on Ultraman, you should have no problems in Akiba but if you are going to Ginza you could always look in the toy sections of the department stores there, like Mitsukoshi, Sogo or Hankyu.

Comment

I'm guessing I can find the answer to this by looking trough all the pages, but to be honest, this is much more comfortable.

Question 1: Any recommendations for a hotel somewhat central, in Tokyo, that's not all that expensive, and where me and my 3 friends can stay for about a week, in the beginning of July? Toilet and shower are to be in the rooms themselves, and not to be shared by others

Question 2. 3 of us are 21, 1 of us is 19, altough he looks kinda big and old. (193 cm, with a beard!), will he have trouble getting into clubs, or places where they serve alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzaki View Post
        I'm guessing I can find the answer to this by looking trough all the pages, but to be honest, this is much more comfortable.

Question 1: Any recommendations for a hotel somewhat central, in Tokyo, that's not all that expensive, and where me and my 3 friends can stay for about a week, in the beginning of July? Toilet and shower are to be in the rooms themselves, and not to be shared by others

Question 2. 3 of us are 21, 1 of us is 19, altough he looks kinda big and old. (193 cm, with a beard!), will he have trouble getting into clubs, or places where they serve alcohol?
        Absolutely nobody will give him any trouble whatsoever. Underage drinking is frowned upon in theory only, and the likelihood of any barstaff taking a 193 cm gaijin to task is less than the Gizmondo's 2007 release list.

No idea about question 1.

Comment

I've just the following a few times;

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Pretty good prices, if you find a hotel on another site that isn't listed give them a mail and they can give you a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzaki View Post

Me and my mate were 17 when we went last summer and got served just about every night. I mean there's vending machines dishing out beer ffs. They aren't strict at all, I think people there are just a lot more decent and 1. probably obey the law even if they can get away with breaking it, and 2. behave a bit better when they've been drinking.

Might want to take a look at this place. It's cheap and also very nice. Rooms are small, but its clean, there's nice showers/bathrooms and they do a cheap breakfast. The pair working speak decent english as well which should be helpful.

Location's good as well, 2 stops from Aki and not far from the centre. Asakusa is nearby as well.

Comment

Anyone know a site that tells you which Japanese phones can be unlocked to work in the U.k?? As gonna pick up a Japanese mobile but want it to work in England. Alternatively anyone know if the sony erricson w43s can be done? cheers
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

My Japan `trip` has lasted 4 years come June so far. Therefore I made a vid.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I call it `Buggering about in Tokyo on a whim.`
                Last edited by JAPJAC; 13-05-2007, 15:06.

Comment

Oh well, only 9 months today and I will be checking into my hotel.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

I'll be counting down the days on my calender. I even bought a special marker pen for the job!!

5 of us going next year and it'll be in a smaller, cheaper hotel than this year (what with the last trip being a honeymoon and all).

You know what that means? More money for TAT!!! By which I mean "high quality souvenir merchandise that seemed like a good idea at the time but upon return home you realise you'll never look at / use it again" (I'm looking at you shiny blue PSP!!!)

Comment

I've 87 days till I go, the wife and daughter went last week, can't wait.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to say they are going next week as is usually the case.

Comment

lol nah dude ... not 1 week but 17 days haha

peace dude.... i cant wait. Does anyone have any good recommendations where I could go hiking between Tokyo and Kyoto? I was going to climb Fuji-san with my penpal, but I levae 14 days too early.

Comment

Don't believe it!

Everytime I post a countdown someone beats it

Have a safe and good trip

As for your question, can't be of much help I'm afraid but when we went to Nara one weekend we saw a hell of a lot of hikers, mostly older people but they had all the proper kit.

There must be a few other places though, have you tried the likes of tripadvisor?

Comment

I think I'll be going the end of next summer, I got £500 worth of Thomas Cook vouchers from work, and I can use them on flights, and online. Seems £580-600 is the average price, so I may book it way way in advance, if that's a good idea... But at least I'd have a date set/

So, ages away for me.

Comment

Originally posted by asnozz View Post
                            lol nah dude ... not 1 week but 17 days haha

peace dude.... i cant wait. Does anyone have any good recommendations where I could go hiking between Tokyo and Kyoto? I was going to climb Fuji-san with my penpal, but I levae 14 days too early.

You can climb Fuji at any time of year. It will be FAR more enjoyable just before the official season starts. When I did it, the biggest problem / annoyance was the swarming crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
                              so I may book it way way in advance, if that's a good idea... But at least I'd have a date set
                              That's a good idea. It worked a treat for me and the missus. We booked nearly a year in advance, and got the best seats in Economy because of it. Right next to the exits for extra leg space.

Comment

Actually yeah, I could do with getting exit seats since I'm 6ft3. It was horrible when I went New York last year, there was fark all room to move.

Have many travelled with KLM? They seem to be the cheapest everytime I check fares. What are they like?
                                Last edited by SegaMark; 17-05-2007, 00:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X