Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about taking it right up to edge yesterday.I said here earlier I was most worried about the Stoke game and boy did Spurs make hard work of it. That despite, according to the MotD stats, having fifteen on target goal attempts to Stoke's two.Come on Wigan, do us a favour. BTW serious talk of Spurs going for AV's striker Beneteke and, I think, Wigan's midfielder McCarthy in the summer. Personally if there was one Wigan player I go for it would be their winger Macmanman. He has been good all season and stood out in the FA Cup Final. He'd be a fine alternative for Lennon when he's injured as that often seems to coincide with a dip in Spurs' scoring form. I know other here hate the idea but I've not given up on the idea of Andy Carroll in a Spurs shirt. If we could get him for

Comment

That's either six or seven matches in a row now where we've scored in the 80th minute or later. It's heart stopping stuff! And, indeed, come on you Latics!!!

My brother and I were saying the other day that McManaman could be a good signing as cover for Lennon. Bring back Townsend from loan (I think he could be ready for semi-regular starts like Naughton has had this season) and we'd have direct pacy cover on both flanks.

There's always a risk that McManaman is having a one off excellent season and will never reach those heights again, but I reckon he looks like a player who can keep improving. Plus a club like Spurs has to take a risk on players like that. If we wait for them to show consistency over a few seasons suddenly clubs with bigger names and more money become interested and we've lost our chance.

Andy Carroll wouldn't be my first choice, but if AVB liked the look of him and thought he was worth buying, I'd be fully behind him. Personally I'd like us to sign Leandro Damiao so we can finally have transfer windows where we're not constantly linked with him

Comment

Boooooouuuurrrnnnsss . Boooo-urns.

Comment

Working...
        X