No announcement yet.

England Team Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England team v Montenegro: Hart; Jones, Terry, Cahill, Cole; Walcott, Parker, Barry, Young; Bent, Rooney.

Comment

Rubbish! Still, at least we're through, and seeing the Montenegro fans happy made me happy.

Cue the media storm around Rooney, forgetting the fact that we really have much bigger problems if the team falls apart due to the lack of one (albeit important) player.

Comment

They media are going to jump on Rooney. Yeah he was stupid but he knew it.

Sigh, let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          It's interesting that Rooney's allowed to play. You'd think with a close family member arrested on suspicion of match fixing he'd be suspended pending the investigation. I'm sure he's done nowt but it's interesting, especially with Rooney's record of silly red cards, you'd think they'd be looking quite closely at him.
          I am so good.

Comment

Really hope Bosnia hold on to the lead against France and send them into the play-offs; I want to see Ireland vs France again

Bah.
            Last edited by EJG1980; 11-10-2011, 20:53.

Comment

Ireland get Estonia, seeing as the latter have recently been beaten by the Faroes 2-0, on paper seems a shoe in.

Comment

Estonia are indeed the weakest of the four unseeded teams, so a good draw for them.

Turkey v Croatia could go either way, but the seeds should take the other playoff matches.

Comment

Rooney out for three games. He absolutely can't be taken.

Comment

3 games is excessive, and can't imagine what would justify that. The FA absolutely should appeal this - the risk of his ban being extended is worthwhile given he's useless in the championship with a 3 game ban (though the fact that you can be punished for appealing is absurd in itself).

Otherwise, it's time to get the likes of Welbeck up to scratch sharpish.

Comment

He has been given a three match ban because of his previous history in being an idiot and getting sent off for stupid decisions he makes in big pressure situations.

Comment

Zamora will save us.

Comment

I wonder if he got three *because* he wrote that letter to Uefa begging them to be lenient?

They do love to make an example of people, and maybe they thought he was taking the piss.

Comment

I should hope not, surely that sends out the message that players will be penalised if they publically express regret?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                              He has been given a three match ban because of his previous history in being an idiot and getting sent off for stupid decisions he makes in big pressure situations.
                              No chance. The banned him for 3 because it is England.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                No chance. The banned him for 3 because it is England.
                                Can you imagine them banning Messi for three games? Nope, neither can I. Highest profile player in the England team, they done it because frankly they seem to hate us.

Comment

Working...
                                X