No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Wednesday boss been getting stick from the fans for the bad results? It's not his fault for the bad run of form. As like you said you lost a lot of your decent players earlier in the season.

I saw the Wednesday fans in the BBC 606 forum divided between each other today.

Comment

Laws has the fans backing.
      The wednesday fans have been divided for ages, one camp puts all the blame on Dave Allen and believes Wednesdayite, the fans group who hold 10% of the shares are wonderful. The other group, which includes me, believes Dave Allen has done a reasonable job in tough circumstances and although he has made many PR mistakes is an okay chap.
      Wednesdayite have acted trouble makers in my opinion and have not always acted with the best interest of the club. If the takeovers means we loose Allen and Wednesdayite then I will be happy. But to be left with just Wednesdayite would be a disaster, I will never forgive them for jumping into bed with Ken Bates so quickly.

Comment

An excellent night for Peterborough. Hereford and Rotherham have lost and Posh beat Wrexham 2-0 which takes us second in League Two, only a point behind MK Dons.

We've won our last four games, and six of the last seven (and a draw). Going very well.

Darren Ferguson for Manager of the Month, watch this space. (Then we'll lose the first game of March!)

Comment

How is Micah Hyde doing for you boys? Seem to recall he was captain? Class player, surprised we let him go last season especially when we were desperately short of quality midfielders.

Good win for Burnley tonight, 2-0 over Coventry to keep within touching distance of the playoffs. Surprised to see Stoke go down 2-0 at PNE, ex-claret Chaplow with both goals. Seems no team is going to pull away this season so it should be a very interesting run in.

Comment

Yeah, well, he was captain! He's been injured for a month or so now, just came back tonight (albeit in the 87th minute)

Comment

Carlisle won away tonight which puts them 2nd in League One, 2 points ahead of Forest and we've all played the same games now. We play Carlisle on Monday night so if we can get the win then we'll be 2nd with no game in hand worries. I'm going to the game, it's on offer, all tickets are a fiver and the game will be on Sky Sports.
              Last edited by MarioMark; 26-02-2008, 23:42.

Comment

Well our little run came to an end, Preston have had a great record at home\tues night games, and with them beating a few of the top teams recently i could see us going down to them. Unlucky really we squandered a few good chances and now are missing Leon Cort

Comment

They played well against Watford as well last weekend I thought. Saw that Chaplow got the goals last night - He was by far their best player on Saturday against us.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                    I'm going to the game, it's on offer, all tickets are a fiver and the game will be on Sky Sports.
                    And to think I just paid ?39 (plus ?1 booking fee and ?1 postage) for a "restricted view" ticket to see Spurs vs West Ham

Comment

If we do go up, and it does look likely, I hope Forest come up with us. I'd love Leeds to miss out on the playoffs and spend another season in League one.

We have a lot of injuries at the moment though and March is looking really tough for us, five more wins should secure promotion though.

Comment

Originally posted by davesol View Post
                        They played well against Watford as well last weekend I thought. Saw that Chaplow got the goals last night - He was by far their best player on Saturday against us.

I was gutted when Chaplow left Saints. He always gets an excellent reception when he comes back - excellent player and by christ we could do with someone like that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                          If we do go up, and it does look likely, I hope Forest come up with us. I'd love Leeds to miss out on the playoffs and spend another season in League one.

We have a lot of injuries at the moment though and March is looking really tough for us, five more wins should secure promotion though.
                          I think your wish will come true, though god knows what we've done to you, oh thats right, its fashionable to hate us .

Comment

Originally posted by davvy76 View Post
                            I think your wish will come true, though god knows what we've done to you, oh thats right, its fashionable to hate us .
                            Not everyone hates the club, they just hate Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                              Not everyone hates the club, they just hate Ken.
                              Me included mate, the sooner captain birdseye is gone the better
                              Last edited by davvy76; 01-03-2008, 10:29.

Comment

Just read that this consortium who are menat to be Wednesday favour Shearer as manager. I hope this isn't true.

Comment

Working...
                                X