No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also love The league of Wales, although my team - Cefn Druids got relegated last year and are now in The Cymru Alliance.
    Last edited by Kieran76; 04-05-2011, 06:08. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well done to Narrrich for their promo beezer. Some of us round these parts knew that Lambert was the real deal. And WELL DONE to Tommy Gunn for planting the seeds of success last year. Good to see another devil's side in the league to piss off merf, too, with their evil anti-footballing ways

BIG LOL at Plough Boy who is 20 quid lighter. He's moaned like a bitch all year about them not standing a chance of getting promoted.

SHAME ON YOU.
      Last edited by prinnysquad; 03-05-2011, 20:43.

Comment

Rather ominious statement from the FA today on the QPR thing:

"The trophy will be presented to QPR unless a points deduction is announced before the end of the match"

The cynic in me thinks they're going to wait till the 80th minute, see how all the games are going, and announce a points penalty that will only drop them to second rather than third.

Comment

And so the FA have found them guilty of 2 of 7 charges, but imposed no points penalty.

QPR are promoted as Championship winners after they escaped a points deduction despite being found guilty of two charges relating to the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.

And because people won't just leave this thing alone, Cardiff are now apparently going to sue saying they should be promoted instead of QPR anyway.

Comment

Cardiff should concentrate on winning their own games. If we score they are down to fourth.

Comment

Swansea V Forest
              Cardiff v Reading

I'm predicting a Cardiff v Forest final. Although Swansea are good at home we are crap away from home and Forest could quite easily turn us over at the City ground and make the second leg a pointless game. Can't see Cardiff losing to Reading over two legs, their strikeforce should see them through.

Comment

From the BBC.

Breaking news: QPR have confirmed they have been fined ?875,000 by the Football Association over the transfer of Alejandro Faurlin.

Comment

I assume those clubs that have failed to reach safety/the playoffs/automatic relegation will now all sue?

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                    Swansea V Forest
                    Cardiff v Reading

I'm predicting a Cardiff v Forest final. Although Swansea are good at home we are crap away from home and Forest could quite easily turn us over at the City ground and make the second leg a pointless game. Can't see Cardiff losing to Reading over two legs, their strikeforce should see them through.
                    I said exactly the opposite to my wife this afternnon.
                    I think Cardiff have blown up a bit and Reading have comparatively good form going into the play-offs.
                    Your boys were ruthless today and I don't think Forest will have enough.
                    TBH I'm just glad I can sit back and watch knowing we've already done the business.

Comment

Jimmy Naysayer snorting up the success, there.

Comment

WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP BRING ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP POMPEY WE ARE COMING FOR YOU COYR!!!!!

Ahem

Comment

Ah well end of season, only seems like yesterday I was listening to games in the darkness of winter. Boro did well to finish 12th in the top half considering how **** they were under Strachan.

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
                            Your boys were ruthless today and I don't think Forest will have enough.
                            Of all the teams In the Playoff's I would fear Forest the most (they're mighty at home) and all this talk about form being on a good run ECT goes out the Window for the Playoff's imo . They're just like 3 cup games and it all about what happens on the day. I remember we had terrible form going into the playoff's in 2003 and went on to beat QPR in the Final

To me its just like 3 FA Cup games to win the prize and so it's really anybody's

Comment

Forest are pretty legendary for blowing up in the second legs of playoff semifinals mind.

Sheffield United 4 - Forest 3
                              Yeovil 5 - Forest 2
                              Forest 3 - Blackpool 4

Still, we have to break that duck eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                                Forest are pretty legendary for blowing up in the second legs of playoff semifinals mind.

Sheffield United 4 - Forest 3
                                Yeovil 5 - Forest 2
                                Forest 3 - Blackpool 4

Still, we have to break that duck eventually...
                                Blackpool was a bit of a shock given that you were home . But I've always seen Play off's games as a FA Cup game - where Form and having the best team ECT go out the window

It is anybodies this year, so open it's untrue

Comment

Working...
                                X