No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the finger pointing is now underway down at the City Ground.

Nottingham Forest manager Steve McClaren says there needs to be "drastic changes" at the club.

David Pleat steps down from his part-time role as a football consultant with Nottingham Forest.

Collymore is dreaming if he thinks O'Neill or Pearce would come and manage at Forest at the moment.

Comment

Threw away a lead against Brum today as well. Deary me.

Comment

Nottingham "defeat from the jaws of victory" Forest

Comment

Schteve can't be there much longer, I couldn't get to Turf Moor for the 5-1 mauling last week but by all accounts we didn't even play that well and Forest were as bad as anything my mates had seen at Championship level.

At last we managed a clean sheet yesterday in our victory against Millwall, lifts us up to 14th which is about where we'll finish this year.

Comment

Steve McClaren has resigned.

Great result for Blues

Comment

The chairman has walked as well. Didn't think that would ever happen.

Manager Steve McClaren and chairman Nigel Doughty both resign from their roles at Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest.

So, anyone wanna buy a footy club? 30k regular fanbase, decent domestic history, pretty good stadium. No (recent) careful owners...

Comment

Shame. He could have been brilliant for you if your board had let him.

Comment

Rumours are he never really 'won' the dressing room. And if the players can't be arsed to turn out for you, it's a near impossible job. The squad that's there, especially with the experienced players McClaren added, should have more than 8 points from 10 games. Not saying we should be near the top, but we've lost too many from winning positions.

Comment

It's a respect thing, I guess. In England he's never gonna be the guy that beat Ajax to the Dutch title, he's gonna be the guy that messed up the England job

Comment

Yet he won a cup with boro and also got to a european cup final.

Comment

Favourite to take over as manager for Forest at the moment is Roy Keane. While I don't doubt he'll be able to sort out the apathy problems in the dressing room, he's not exactly got the most stellar record in management so far...

Comment

Yeah I'd like to see Martin O'niell in the job or even a return of king Billy. We need to keep a manager for a long time for stability, I thought we had that with Billy Davies.

Comment

Apparently they tried to bring in Paul Hart again today, but couldn't/wouldn't pay off Charlton.

Why bring someone in who you sacked a few years ago?

Comment

Mighty Owls up into 2nd place, with yet another home victory. Pigs away next week though. Come on you Blue and White Wizards!

Comment

And so we've gone for someone who used to manage at County.

Nottingham Forest appoint Steve Cotterill as manager on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

Way to get the fans on your side quickly eh guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X