Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    That be Mum and Dad ...The ones that teacher you right from wrong , and morals, not MP's , sports stars , or the Pope
    Sadly in a lot of families that just isn't the case, hence the moral rot that seems ever prevalant in the youth of today.

Anyone believing otherwise, for me, is naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      Sadly in a lot of families that just isn't the case, hence the moral rot that seems ever prevalant in the youth of today.

Anyone believing otherwise, for me, is naive.
      That is an issue for Social workers and Governments and the like to tackle, not a sport star . The Moral rots seems to be more a problem with kids having more rights, than they know what to do with (*one can't even point at them now , with out being on a charge) , and PC correct age
      That means we need to blame PC/Internet, Film/Sports stars , Computer games , rather than the Parents, or the kids in question them self's.

I wouldn't say too much , but a lot of parents act no better than John terry , and having it off , with the odd bit of fluff . Then screaming and shouting their guts, out at the Ref. at the kids Sunday league match .
      It all comes down to upbringing , and that's the family and Parents responsibility , not Footballers.

Comment

Meh @ last night.

Ballack was apparently awful and Ancelotti didn't make any changes until 10 minutes to go.

Puts huge pressure on us to win against Arsenal now.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          he isn't DAD of the year , he's scum
          Since when did JT sign for Arsenal?

Comment

Ban's been lifted after the french club admitted kakita's contract wasn't valid

Comment

A statement on the CAS website said that the two clubs and the player had accepted the player's contract with the French side was not valid.

[...]

The CAS said all parties agreed the proceedings would remain confidential
              Any guesses as to how big the pay off was?

Comment

Probably wasn't all that much, the French club must've known that a fifteen year old couldn't have a legally binding contract.

*edit*

According to that article they paid £700k and didn't even need to pay that. Sounds like Chelsea thought there was next to no chance of the ban sticking which is why they didn't buy any players in the transfer window.

Does raise questions of why FIFA reached the verdict they did in the first place
                Last edited by abigsmurf; 05-02-2010, 08:14.

Comment

Which in turn would raise the answer of "precedent".

Comment

No longer captain!

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

*shrugs*

If his conduct means he can't be a captain, it should also mean he should be dropped altogether. After this I really couldn't give a flying **** about the English national side. We as a country spend 23 months trying to find any way we can to knock down our players then for one month all the St. George crosses come out and everyone pretends they're die hard supporters.

No doubt the 'controversy' section of Ferdinand's wiki will also get expanded in the months to come by our lovely press. Or maybe they'll just pillory a player during the cup who got a card or missed a chance. Heck, the players could do fine and they'll blame the WAGs.

All I care about for now is the game tommorrow. We've got to beat Arsenal. If we let ourselves slump again, I don't think we'll be able to rely on Man U having another bad patch again (unless Rooney gets injured).

Comment

Who cares if he is captain anyway? What exactly does a captain DO for the England side apart from call the toss and be the "spokesman" in the public eye?

He'll still play and that's all an England fan should care about.

It's the right move, even if you won't admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Who cares if he is captain anyway? What exactly does a captain DO for the England side apart from call the toss and be the "spokesman" in the public eye?

He'll still play and that's all an England fan should care about.

It's the right move, even if you won't admit it.
                          Agreed. Captain or not he is still and England player and a bloody excellent one which no one has ever doubted.

Comment

Actually

I don't think he's nearly as good as everyone else seems to think he is

Comment

I'm sure glad the guy who's had an affair has been replaced with a drink driving drugs cheat who's currently serving a ban for violent conduct! Now we clearly have an upstanding citizen as a captain!

We'll just end up vilifying him like we do all our captains. I'm fed up with the hypocrisy surrounding the press coverage of England and don't want a part of it any more. I'm not ashamed of the team, I'm ashamed of the country.

Comment

Over-reaction much?

But yeah, let's blame this country, in fact I'm going to personally put the blame onto THIS COUNTRY for John Terry not being able to be faithful to his wife.

Maybe if these "professionals" started actually, y'know, acting in a professional manner then this kind of **** wouldn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X