No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f*** off chelsea fc you aint got no history 5 european cups and 18 leagues thats what we call history- i just loved that song on tuesday lol
    Last edited by illumanati2; 25-04-2008, 14:27. Reason: wrong words lol

Comment

er...wrong words, dude.

"...5 European Cups & 18 Leagues..."

In other news:

Thu, 24th Apr 2008
      Home fixture double-headers don't come much bigger than the one Stamford Bridge hosts over the next week and while the stadium should be at its most passionate, efforts will be made to ensure it is also at its most colourful for the visit of Liverpool next week.

Flags have become as much a part of Champions League nights at the Bridge as the pre-kick-off anthem and referees from foreign parts and 30,000 new flags will be placed in the stands for next Wednesday night.

There will also be the new giants flags you may have noticed flying high in recent weeks and supporters can play their part by adding to the colour and by filling the stadium early to build the atmosphere prior to the whistle.

This season, one free flag has been placed at every other seat but against Liverpool, there will be a flag awaiting at each seat in the regular parts of the stadium.

'With it being the last Champions League game of the season at home, but hopefully not our last Champions League game, we want to have a fantastic atmosphere,' says Wesley Barton, stadium tours supervisor who is much-involved in the flag project.

'It creates a bit of atmosphere seeing that sea of blue when the players come out and it is great for TV as well.

'Anything to try to inspire the players is worth it. We have heard the players do like it and anything to give them that extra one per cent is valuable.'

At the last few matches there has been a new addition to the flags, based on successful displays originally seen in stadia overseas.

'We now have a few giant flags waved in front of the West Stand. We trialled them for a couple of Premier League games to use them for this game [liverpool]. It is some of the tour guides that actually wave them,' explains Barton.

Free flags have been placed around the stadium en masse since October last season. They were handed out in smaller numbers on entry at a few league games before that.

'The first game we placed them at the seats was when we hosted Barcelona in the group stage. We beat them 1-0 and Drogba scored that great goal. We did every seat then as well,' recalls Barton.

'Most of the fans take them home. I think most people have about ten flags in their bedroom, but we try to encourage them to bring them back as well.

'We have seen a few brought back for Premier League games and it would be great if people could keep bringing them back and build on the atmosphere.'

Embarrassed?
      Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 24-04-2008, 21:47.

Comment

Teams only go on about history when they're poor in the present...

Lampard's out tommorrow due to his mother dying. pretty sucky for him.

Comment

Playing well, deserve to be winning 1-0 at half time.

Comment

Well done, deserved to win.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              Teams only go on about history when they're poor in the present...
              Quoted for truth.

Well done Chelsea, this makes thing more interesting for us neutrals.

Comment

excellent win. Pressure is really on Man U now.

God snatching this title would make me so incredibly happy

Comment

Is anyone else a bit tired of fans of other clubs going on about what they've achieved? History is great, but fans only care about the present, or the immediate future.

Anyways, great win Chelsea fans, fully deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    excellent win. Pressure is really on Man U now.

God snatching this title would make me so incredibly happy
                    Not for us it wouldn't, nor the neutral for the dour football your lot produce, but for the first time today they played some decent football and deserved the win.

Comment

Credit where credit is due, Chelsea deserved to win today.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                        Credit where credit is due, Chelsea deserved to win today.
                        I agree, even if it does hurt me to say it.

Comment

Guardian says:
                          "The flashpoint occurred after a group of Sir Alex Ferguson's unused players were asked not to run across the pitch during their 'warm-down' because the grass was being cut. Instead they were told to jog in the same direction as the lawnmowers so the groundstaff could repair the turf ahead of Liverpool's visit on Wednesday for the second leg of their Champions League semi-final. The players refused and it is thought that one of them may have sworn. It was at this point that Evra was allegedly abused and the punch-up began. The two groups were separated but then came together again and Evra had to be restrained by team-mates. "

In case anyone is interested before the CL game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                            I agree, even if it does hurt me to say it.
                            not trying to be a bad looser, but

chelski always get late fluky goals and dodgy antics and refing, not specifically talking about this game, but all season!, i think the game should have been a draw, i blame sir alex for us not winning too, but if his tactics pay off and we reach the cl final it will all be ok, , the pen was a tad harsh, more like ball to arm. the way they treat the ref was shocking trying to make him give out cards should be an instand no questions asked booking. , the after match thing was joke, there must be some rule letting the players safely warm down, without some fanboy chelki staff jerks shouting abuse at you because utd loss, why could they just not wait till utd left the ground to fix the pitch,

ah well , prem, its still going utds way its still out of your hands and you have 2 akward games left too, i hope we get to settle this in the champions league final if we get there,
                            Last edited by yesteryeargames; 28-04-2008, 00:19.

Comment

Man.Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool fans, will never give credit to Chelsea. It's a bitter rivalry - that's been lingering since Chelsea became a winning club.

I have no time for people who moan about Chelsea playing boring, negative football.

That is a false accusation - which is based on watching a few dodgy performances, and forgetting the brilliant moments, steadfast displays, and overall attacking and defensive skill, Chelsea have shown over the past 5years or so.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm fair enough to say Man.Utd are a very good team - with a brilliant player called Ronaldo. Arsenal are a dangerous team - with good players, but they lack an edge that would give them glory.

Chelsea deserved to beat Utd. We made Utd look stupid in the first 30minutes. It was only a moment of madness that spoilt our dominance. Man.utd didn't look like the same strong team I've often seen this season. How can Utd fans say they deserved a win after that lackluster display?

I will remember this decade for Chelsea as a very enjoyable time. Lampard, Cech, Essien, Joe Cole, Drogba etc.... They are great players - who have helped make the premiership the best league - and Chelsea one of the best clubs in Europe.

Comment

I agree Leon, when we're called upon it, we play some great football. Unfortunately competing in four competitions as well as all the injuries (has any third choice keeper got as much playtime as hilario?) we've had over the season mean we can't play full pelt.

Man U have been poor for a few games now and whenever Ronaldo isn't playing, they struggle.

Yesteryear: can't disagree about some lucky last minute goals but we've been hurt a lot by bad decisions and it's cost us points (after the liverpool game we had 3 matches in a row affected by decisions and lost points because of it). Man U have had decisions go their way though. Ronaldo in particular gets the opposition lots of yellow cards (and penalties) from dives and the reffing in the Man U vs Chelsea game was far more questionable (harsh red, goal in the 4th minute of 3 mins of injury time etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X