No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Arsenal win against Villa today, it will make for an interesting last day of the season.

Comment

You want to ditch the manager if you finish third instead of second?

Wow.

Comment

Argh, 'Reply to thread' button strikes again!

Shortened version of that rant I just lost:

Worst run of results for over 20 years, no sign we've cleared the slump, frequent, preventable mistakes costing us that are down to sloppy training or management, poor motivation by the manager.

Looks like we're going to get second after all unless Arsenal do something special but that's inspite of how we're playing rather than because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          Oh FFS. Newcastle offered nothing the second half and were timewasting from 70 minutes and they get an undeserved last minute equaliser from Chelsea falling asleep in defence. People going on about how exciting the league has been this year, how is that kind of thing exciting except from the "LOL Chelsea!!!111" point of view? Do we want that kind of negative football to become part and parcel of this league?

How many times have Chelsea completely turned off in defence this season at the start/end of a game or after a goal? Sorry, once, that's down to the players, when it keeps happening, it's down to the manager. If we fail to get second after if being handed to us on a silver platter, Ancelotti has got to go. Players have no idea when to give the ball to Torres and when they try, they pass it to an empty space about 6m from him, again, that's something that should be sorted out by the manager.

Comment

So much worse than the Man U fan rants...

"Omg the refs are doing everything they can to stop us! There's a big cartel of refs who meet every night and try to stop Man U from winning anything! I saw a ref go up to Ferguson and kick him in the balls!

Everyone in the FA is ABMU! David Cameroon is ABMU! God is ABMU!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Calm down Smurfy lad I'm just trolling.
              I'm not your usual Man U fan I don't blah about such trivial ****e and never will.
              You've got a great squad and a decent manager, a couple of summer buys and you'll be right up there next year.

Comment

I was trolling in reply too

Everyone being rubbish this season has led to lots of rants by the top season this year, the Man U ones just seems to be especially conspiricy theory driven this year.

Arsenal probably have the most justified rants but then, they've probably got the most inexplecably resiliant manager in the league.

That said, next year will be Liverpool's year and we'll all be writing about it on our linux desktops!

Comment

Haha nice one, nah not with you on the Liverpool theory too soon for them next year

Comment

I think we should sell Drogba and poss Lampard change system, get Kaka if poss. My 2 pence.

Comment

For the record Man Utd are currently 2 pts short of their treble winning season total. The table makes similar reading to the current one.

Seriously, saying the league is crap is getting old.

Comment

I wouldn't like to see Lampard sold but I don't think he can assume an automatic place any more. Droba... I think the time is right to sell him, maybe let him finish his career at Marseille .

I think Kaka is too old. We need to buy someone we can get 4-5 full fitness seasons from. We're constantly linked to Neymar but given we've got Sturridge coming back, I don't think a striker is what we want. I still think we need a wide player, someone to make fast runs and put in the crosses, we're relying too heavily on Ashley Cole down one side for that sort of thing.

Mcceachron is shaping up to be a good replacement for Essien, he delivered some great balls at the weekend, just needs to get a bit of strength so he's outmuscled less often.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2...Premier_League

For the record Man Utd are currently 2 pts short of their treble winning season total. The table makes similar reading to the current one.

Seriously, saying the league is crap is getting old.
                        points don't reflect performances. Besides which, 2nd and 3rd are 7 and 8 points off of the pace set then.
                        Last edited by abigsmurf; 17-05-2011, 18:02.

Comment

I think Chelsea's best player is Cech. The big problems are Terry & Lampard, who are clearly way past their best. Lampard is especially looking worn-out. He's my favourite player, but it's a fact that age has caught up with him.

We need a new visionary manager( maybe someone in their 40s ) ... and then to build a new team. I would rather have a great team in 2-3 years, than mess around trying to be the best for next season. I'm a realist and have patience. Chelsea should have been thinking about these issues two years ago.

Comment

Poor end to a poor season really.

Undoubtedly we need a shuffle, both on and off the pitch (even if Ancelotti stays, we need better coaching staff).

Comment

Won't be with Carlo, Sky Sports are reporting that he's been fired.

Comment

Not especially sad to see him go although I am annoyed we've gone through another manager.

-No visible passion in front of the fans, no real signs of passion in the dressing room.
                                -Worst run of results in over 2 decades
                                -We had defensive weaknesses and problems scoring. Abramovich splashes the cash with two top signings. We made defensive howlers that ultimately cost us the league (or at least prevented us taking it to the final day), he's completely failed to integrate Torres, players are either not giving him the balls or playing the balls to places other than where he is (which is purely down to managerial/training).
                                -He doesn't change things. Only making subs past 70 minutes is unacceptable, he kept starting Ramieres when his form was terrible and that cost us points (admittedly now Ramieres is fitting in, he looks a good signing)

I'm not sure he could build a side for the next 5 years like we need.

Comment

Working...
                                X