Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    (yes I know they don't create the 606 posts but they do choose the ones to quote)
    Jesus Christ, what a giant baby you really are. Wah wah wah, somebody said something bad about a new player. More BBC bias:

Personally I feel he's a good player but not at that price, though your club doesn't need to concern itself with stuff like that (for now). I'd much prefer Utd signed Lahm, personally.

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
    Chelsea always get stick - that's the way it's been since became a top3 club. People like to kiss Ferguson's arse - forgetting that he wasn't always as mellow as he comes across now.

Wenger is quietly aggressive and has strong opinions - only people act like he's a saint.
    And another, wah wah wah, Chelsea get stick, boo ****ing hoo.
    Maybe you've not been following Chelsea long but as recently as 2005 Ferguson was past it, should have retired when he said, would struggle against Chelsea and Arsenal. It went on for months, all the mess over failing to get past the Group Stage in Europe, the takeover and horse spunk debacle.

**** loads of noise was made when he went off at Pompey the other month and his refusal to speak to the Beeb. Hell, look back a week... all week the media and to a lesser extent Grant spoke of Wigan and their desire for a fight. Ferguson makes one comment and all of a sudden he's "started a mind game war". What about the start of the season when Utd drew and lost?

It's surprising really that people are so easily riled, the papers and Sky build up hype, the papers print rubbish and half quotes and people get angry. Can't you see there's no bias or agenda, they simply seize on the current negative angle and run it.

First off Utd were blasted after a slow start. Then Utd picked up, Jose went and a no name was brought in. Result? Chelsea caned.

But Grant does well, Scousers start ****ing up in Europe, the new owners piss around with Klinsmann, Rafa tinkers, Liverpool are suddenly the new favourites for abuse. But, wait, they pull off a decent league run (well, by their standards ), get through to the knockouts in Europe and hmm, we need a new angle.

Oh yes- Chelsea lose the Cup, draw and get beat in certain games and all of a sudden Grant can't win big games. Grant does well again, hmm, we have to leave him. Arse get a little bit of hassle over the FA Cup, all those drawn games and Wengers refusal to spend cash. In honesty it's not as strong as the other abuse by any means, but it's present.

Seriously, stop for a minute and realise it's not an agenda but a decision to criticise anybody as they know it sells. It's been harder for them to have a pop at Utd as their bad patch was at the start, but there's always little snide comments and stuff that dates back years. Christ, listen to Alan Green commenting on a Utd game on 5 live for heavens sake, or his grubby little phone in.
    Last edited by bowser123; 13-05-2008, 09:28.

Comment

Raneiri was hounded out by endless "abramovich won't keep him" headlines from the press that made his position impossible. The press were key in getting Jose out. Avram Grant has had to deal with endless "he's not staying" from the press.

Losing two managers through the press and having our current one in a tough position because of them doesn't exactly indicate fair treatment.

Comment

Im no Chelsea fan but the signing of Bosingwa is a good one. Ferreria should have gone last season, he's played quite a bit this season but has looked poor.

Comment

Apparently you tabled a 40 million transfer bid for Torres today.

Comment

I don't think anyone takes that seriously

Comment

I'm sure Chelsea were. I don't blame them, it's kind of worth a try

Comment

Incredibly rich of Man U to accuse Drogba of diving and seeking penalties.

Also rich of Wayne "run up to the ref swearing after every foul" Rooney to say he's got an attitude problem

Comment

I thought the players would of learned to keep shtum after Rafa's comments ignited Drogba into an explosive performance against Livepool. Most of the comments are spot on though

Comment

damn penalties. Hate them

big fat zero from the season. Crushed from that. Really hate penalties, not fair on the players or the fans.

Oh well, next season drogba will be out and we'll hopefully have a fresh attack force.

Comment

I think Chelsea were very unfortunate with the ref today.
                      Man U could have had 3 players sent off - Scholes elbowed someone after being booked, Rio head height on Joe Cole after being booked already (which the linesman flagged) and Vidic not booked at all for the altercation with Drogba - he went for him after the stroke of the face.
                      And that is on top of about 5 corner decisions that were just wrong - inexplicably RIGHT in front of ythe ref/linesman.

Maybe Abramovich is not too popular in Moscow....and this was payback!

Comment

?15,000,000 well spent

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                          I think Chelsea were very unfortunate with the ref today.
                          Man U could have had 3 players sent off - Scholes elbowed someone after being booked, Rio head height on Joe Cole after being booked already (which the linesman flagged) and Vidic not booked at all for the altercation with Drogba - he went for him after the stroke of the face.
                          And that is on top of about 5 corner decisions that were just wrong - inexplicably RIGHT in front of ythe ref/linesman.

Maybe Abramovich is not too popular in Moscow....and this was payback!
                          We didn't have the luck with decisions, especially with some bizzarre corner and throw in decisions that whenever they were 'unclear' went against us. Did the linesman seriously say to play on a penalty decision (that high foot was a clear penalty IMO)? But meh, wasn't our day, don't blame the officials and I don't blame the penalty takers.

Deserved to win on second half performance but just didn't get that little bit of luck. My dad put it in a good way: we didn't lose the match but we lost the cup.

Comment

Chelsea can be proud of themselves. We played well - but didn't have that little bit of luck to finish Man.utd

Penalties are always a nightmare. It was so so close.

I can only hope that we come back stronger next season.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              we didn't lose the match but we lost the cup.
                              Except you did...

Comment

Originally posted by Believeddog View Post
                                Except you did...
                                Rub it in... gloat etc.... Chelsea beat Man.utd a few weeks ago - and played better than them in the final last night.

We are the better team - but the best don't always have that little bit of luck on their side.

I respect Man.utd as a good team - if only more people gave Chelsea the respect they deserve.

If Chelsea have to be the team "Everyone loves to hate" .. that is sad, but we'll be laughing when we go from strength to strength, and destroy everyone; like we did a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                                X