No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the problem though, they have tried to buy respect instead of earning it. A nasty little London club with a history of acting like scum meets up some rat bag financier who happened to know the right people at the right time. Its a mixture of everything thats wrong with modern football.

Add to that mix annoying smug players like Lampard and Terry and you have a right old recipe for lots of people to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
      Rub it in... gloat etc.... Chelsea beat Man.utd a few weeks ago - and played better than them in the final last night.

We are the better team - but the best don't always have that little bit of luck on their side.
      Last night was 50-50. United had 5 shots on target, Chelsea 1. United carved Chelsea open few times, Chelsea only did it once (when Lampard hit the woodwork). All ManU first half. Lots of the ball for Chelsea in the 2nd, but they dominated without threatening. Extra time favoured ManU, but could easily have gone either way.

When Chelsea PLAY football, they are good, but they lack the adventurous spirit of ManU or Arsenal.

Chelsea have experience in their ranks. ManU youth.

ManU are the best in the country, there can be no doubt having won BOTH competitions. I don't imagine anyone would argue that, having played the better football for the whole season. And they done it last season as well.

Comment

Yup. agree 100% there mate, and if anyone disagrees then they're just deluded!

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
          Last night was 50-50. United had 5 shots on target, Chelsea 1. United carved Chelsea open few times, Chelsea only did it once (when Lampard hit the woodwork). All ManU first half. Lots of the ball for Chelsea in the 2nd, but they dominated without threatening. Extra time favoured ManU, but could easily have gone either way.

When Chelsea PLAY football, they are good, but they lack the adventurous spirit of ManU or Arsenal.

Chelsea have experience in their ranks. ManU youth.

ManU are the best in the country, there can be no doubt having won BOTH competitions. I don't imagine anyone would argue that, having played the better football for the whole season. And they done it last season as well.
          Stats are fun.

Chelsea had 25 shots on goal compared to Man U's 13. The shots on target also doesn't include the times we hit the post. We looked threatening quite a bit in the second half and to say otherwise means you weren't paying attention.

The fact is, Man U failed to win either competition by a large margin. Chelsea being the first team to take the league to the last day and only losing on penalties in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            The shots on target also doesn't include the times we hit the post.
            Obviously it doesn't since hitting the post isn't on target, where as we hit the target with way more shots and I think you only managed it once with quite a luckily set up goal you must say!

The fact is, Man U failed to win either competition by a large margin. Chelsea being the first team to take the league to the last day and only losing on penalties in the final.
            Winnings winning mate!! Only a loser says something like that!

Comment

Chelsea being the first team to take the league to the last day
              Blackburn did it too.

Anyway, Rio said winning the cup was like a chocolate orange. 'It's not Terry's, it's mine'!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                Rub it in... gloat etc.... Chelsea beat Man.utd a few weeks ago - and played better than them in the final last night.

We are the better team - but the best don't always have that little bit of luck on their side.

I respect Man.utd as a good team - if only more people gave Chelsea the respect they deserve.
                You did beat us a few weeks ago and we beat you at Old Trafford a few months ago, so what?! 2-0 at OT and 2-1 to you guys at the Bridge, if it was a 2 legged game we would have won 3-2 on agg.

No you are not the better team, the better team would have finished with more points in the league than us and in turn won the league but that did not happen at all. The better team would have scored more than us and conceded less than us over the season but guess what? That also never happened.

Chelsea are an excellent team, with some world class players but at the end of the day we have been better this season and hence we have ended up with 2 trophies. It was a close fought battle for both trophies as both teams are well matched but I truly believe we are slightly better.

Which people do not give Chelsea credit? Pretty much all the pundits on Sky Sports had Chelsea down as winning last night, one way or another. Jamie Redknapp might aswell have been wearing a Chelsea top! Chelsea do get credit but they get hounded more because of the way they choose to do business and the ties they have with Abramovich. That is a price to pay though for being bought by a Russian billionaire who wants to control the club.

Stats are fun.

Chelsea had 25 shots on goal compared to Man U's 13. The shots on target also doesn't include the times we hit the post. We looked threatening quite a bit in the second half and to say otherwise means you weren't paying attention.

The first half was all Man Utd, quite frankly we should have put the game to bed within 30 minutes but hey that is football. Cech made a couple of top class saves to deny Tevez and then Carrick. Then in extra time we had that Giggs chance which was cleared off the line by Terry! The second half plus extra time was pretty much all Chelsea but for all the "dominance" how many clear cut chances did Chelsea create?! I can't remember clear chance that was created by Chelsea (yes that doesn't include the extremely fortunate equaliser) apart from when Lampard hit the bar. Chelsea looked threatening until they got to the final third, when they got there our defense pretty much dealt with everything.

Nope Chelsea were not the first team to take the league to the last day. Arsenal took us to the last day in 1999 and there was the last day with us and Blackburn fighting for the title. Yes we didn't win either competition by a huge margin but that is because both teams involved are pretty closely matched. Fact is though we won both trophies and they are now sitting pretty in our trophy cabinet.
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 22-05-2008, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  The better team would have scored more than us and conceded less than us over the season but guess what? That also never happened.
                  Exactly. More goals scored, less conceded, and everyone agrees play exciting, dynamic football with flair and creativity. Plus the best player in the world.

So I fail to see how exactly are Chelsea better? If they were they'd have won last night. And the league.

Comment

Over the season, Chelsea had a few refereeing things go against them - apart from at Anfield obviously. That "offside" goal early in the season cost them two oints. man U have dubious decisions every game. Well almost every game. The Wigan game where the pen was not given and Scholes stayed on the pitch was a disgrace. Man Utd's biggest complaint at the refs all season was against Chelsea - an obvious handball ACTUALLY GIVEN and Pompey where Fergie has decided using shoulder to shoulder should not be allowed against Ronaldo.

And I thought it was Chelsea fans that were meant to be graceless. Why are Utd fans coming to gloat? I dn't support Chelsea but I would not gloat here and have come to add my opinion.

Rio's high foot was flagged as a foul iirc by the linesman but the ref seemed to either ignore it or play advantage in the box.... Seeing as Rio was on a booking, it struck me as very odd.
                    Last edited by saif; 22-05-2008, 19:43.

Comment

I think you will find one person came to "gloat" and the other people just came in debate and, as you yourself are doing, stating their opinions on matters. Dubious decisions are not exactly the fault of Man Utd are they? We have had a few decisions go our way but you are over exaggerating if you say we some every game. You speak of the Wigan game, yes a few decisions went our way and a few didn't (Bramble taking down Scholes), that is football. You could watch almost every football match and find dubious decisions but it is funny how it is always a conspiracy or odd when it happens to Man Utd.

Comment

That would be the Wigan game United had two good penalty shouts waved away?

So it definitely looks like Drogba is off. There's a great new striker Chelsea should buy. Plays good attacking football, literally first kick of the ball and it's a goal. Moves like the wind, the other players just can't handle the assets on show.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                          That would be the Wigan game United had two good penalty shouts waved away?

So it definitely looks like Drogba is off. There's a great new striker Chelsea should buy. Plays good attacking football, literally first kick of the ball and it's a goal. Moves like the wind, the other players just can't handle the assets on show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XorJLGc3w&eurl
                          Quality.

Comment

Grant's out. Not surprising really. Second place in 4 competitions wasn't good enough, Especially the Carling Cup loss which was an appauling performance by Chelsea.

Feel a bit sorry for him but ultimately I think it's right for him to go. Was out of his depth

Comment

Thats pathetic. Can't understand that. What do they expect of a manager when he comes in mid season. I'd say they done pretty well.

Comment

And it tells the new manager to win with style in his first season or be sacked. I don't think that kind of pressure leads to the fantasy football Abramovich craves. He'll get through two more managers and then give it up as a bad job.

Comment

Working...
                                X