No announcement yet.

La Liga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Sky have made the abysmal decision not to renew Mark Bolton's contract, so we'll be having a new presenter for Spanish football next season. He was by far the best presenter Sky had. I suppose he showed too much intelligence and they'll be putting someone in who can dumb things down a bit. It's a shame, Sky's Spanish coverage was top notch.

Comment

if he's the guy who presents all the la liga and revista he's excellent, wonder if he got too big for his boots and made demands or was simply to intelligent for most people who watch sport on tv ?

Comment

Malaga - Granada starting any second now! My TV is ready.

I am interested in Malaga, see how RvN, Mathijsen, Toulalan, Santi Cazorla etc perform. It looks like they spent a lot of cash, but everything together was about as much as City paid for Aguero alone.

Comment

They spent a fairly large amount of money, but all the signings made sense and fitted in with Pellegrini's philosophy. Their sporting director was very successful working under Ramon Monchi at Sevilla, so they've got good football people in key positions who will make sensible decisions in a bid to achieve success. Tonight's 4-0 win, albeit against a weak Granada side, offered a glimpse at the potential there.

Comment

Granada was incredibly weak. But Malaga still need to adjust, they do have skilled players and seem to play like a team already. Toulalan was kind of poor though, like last game.

Comment

Slow start to El Clasico: 1-0 to Madrid inside 25 seconds!

A lot of good it did them, 1-3 to Barca in the end.
              Last edited by EJG1980; 10-12-2011, 21:55.

Comment

What a great advert for football in La Liga. The one touch football on show from both sides was phenomenal.

Comment

Barca drew to Espanyol making the gap between them and Real Madrid a total of 5 points; could Real win the league this year?? Pep said before the match that if his players weren't fit enough they would end up losing, at least they didn't lose.

Comment

Well if Messi can pull of a run that will not only beat all the opposition players, but also secretly convey an arms smuggling route, I think the debate over who is the greatest player of all time has been well and truly ended!

"Nice run Pele, but could Chechen rebels use it to work out the positions of Russian tanks? No? Well it's a bit crap then, isn't it? Next!"

Comment

Messia breaks Barcelona's goal scoring record:

Lionel Messi breaks Barcelona's 60-year-old goal-scoring record after a hat-trick against Granada at the Nou Camp on Tuesday.

He has to be counted as one of the best league players of all time now.

But will he ever lift the world cup?

Comment

50 goals and still a match to go. Holy cow.

Comment

I see that Villarreal got relegated at the weekend. Amazing considering they came 4th the season before, pretty much a carbon copy of what happened to Sampdoria in Italy in 2010-11. How quickly fortunes can change in football.

The vultures will be circling now. Everyone form a disorderly queue to get your bids in for Giuseppe Rossi! I wouldn't say no to seeing him at White Hart Lane next season.

Comment

They may not be the richest club but looking at their current first team, they appeared too good to go down. Guess plenty of other teams that were too good have suffered the same fate of not actually being very good.

Comment

They may not be the richest club but looking at their current first team, they appeared too good to go down. Guess plenty of other teams that were too good have suffered the same fate of not actually being very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X