Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
    what do you get when its 90 minutes on the clock, the teams are at a stalemate, you have a rangers referee and a legitimate tackle outside the box

don't know, well of course the answer is a penalty to Rangers so they can win

Hehe.............makes a change after the last few seasons.

Comment

I must admit, it looked quite an iffy decision but would a "Rangers referee" have sent off Thompson?

I thought it might be a bit early in the season for the paranoid conspiracy theories to come out, but who am I kidding.

Never mind, pretty soon you'll have plenty of Tuesday and Wednesday nights free to think up some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
        I must admit, it looked quite an iffy decision but would a "Rangers referee" have sent off Thompson?

I thought it might be a bit early in the season for the paranoid conspiracy theories to come out, but who am I kidding.

Never mind, pretty soon you'll have plenty of Tuesday and Wednesday nights free to think up some more.
        and soon enough you will as well

maybe not even the europa cup to keep you warm during the winter

we are both pish plain and simple

and for being paranoid and conspiracy theories, most referees are biased towards Rangers and Celtic in Scotland - fact

the decision by the referee yesterday was laughable and i hope he is slaughtered in todays gutter press
        Last edited by buster_broon; 24-08-2009, 08:47.

Comment

and for being paranoid and conspiracy theories, most referees are biased towards Rangers and Celtic in Scotland - fact
          fact eh.....according to who, you?

its pressure from the stands, the crowd can influence a ref's decision. the so called 'assistant' referee (well linesmen) do eff all to help.

untill we get the 4th official with tv replays it wont be a level playing field.

till then DEAL WITH IT!

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
            fact eh.....according to who, you?

its pressure from the stands, the crowd can influence a ref's decision. the so called 'assistant' referee (well linesmen) do eff all to help.

untill we get the 4th official with tv replays it wont be a level playing field.

till then DEAL WITH IT!
            blah blah blah

Comment

blah blah blah

Comment

Well, it's been an interesting time for us hasn't it. Great League and Cup double, auto entry into the Champs League group stages.......And then we hit a massive brick wall with the words "£31m debt" written on it.

Even with that though, surely our squad should be good enough to be performing better than we have done in the SPL ? Thank god Celtic are even worse than we are at times.

Comment

Boydy anyone ? Interesting to see Fergie do well at Birmingham......

Comment

Good win at tannadice last night. Always a hard ground for any team to get a result.

On another note, regarding the £31m debt, people forget that Man U are currently £700 million in debt, Liverpool are £299.5 million in debt, Chelsea are in £736 million debt, followed by Arsenal with over £242m.

Scottish clubs combined have nowhere near such debt (Celtic and Hibernian are virtually debt free) as those clubs above, in an ironic twist, the Old Firm are better off financially than England's top four, if one takes club debt into account.

Edit: Can a mod please change the thread heading to Rangers 09/10 Season!
                    Last edited by Barla Von; 16-12-2009, 14:37.

Comment

Beasleys goal was a cracker wasn't it. Some of the play in general was pretty superb to watch. I hope it's a sign of us getting back to a high standard of play.

Comment

Bloody hell, we've hit some form !!

Comment

I know and I missed the game yesterday too Got sinusitis and couldn't go.

Difficult games ahead with Hibs, Celtic, and Utd to play over the festive period, but if we can continue our form then no reason why we can't stay top. Mendes and Edu still to come back as well, although may need them sooner rather than later, any news of Thomson's injury yesterday?

Comment

Rangers site says hes struggling to make Jan 3rd Old Firm game.

Comment

You know, as much as I've dissed him, McC has done a very decent job this year. If Thommo doesn't make it then I'm sure McC will do a decent job. I'd prefer to think that Edu will get some game time though.

Comment

Believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X