Shearer takes charge at Newcastle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    Bolton seem perfect for him. Or any team touched by the hand of Allardyce.

Newcastle, then.
    Why would we seem perfect? Or are you just another person keen to pass judgement based on a media opinion?

Comment

Media opinion and what I've personally witnessed myself, yeah. I was only kidding, really. Bolton seem much improved under Megson from a "we play actual football now" standpoint.

He'd have been perfect for Allardyce's Bolton, is what I really meant.

Comment

He would have been so perfect that Sam in fact signed him at Newcastle! That I agree with. Sorry, but I get touchy when people tow-the-media-line as it's lazy and not actually true. We've got some quality players who like ball to feet in Cahill, Mark Davies (young lad, potential to be a superstar), Elmander (hopefully might be half decent next season), Taylor. We also have more English players in our first eleven than a lot of other clubs now!

We play the same football as Chelsea, only with players who cost half the price, but Chelsea aren't lambasted for it. Moreover, I heard people commenting on how great it was Stoke are staying up and how "exciting" they are, when in actual fact they are about 100 times worse to watch than we ever were.

I've seen a lot of football this season and there are an awful lot of clubs playing a lot worse football than us!

Anyway, back to Newcastle!

Comment

I hate Chelsea and Stoke, if it helps

Comment

I don't care about Stoke at all. Chelsea...likewise.

I actually think the bottom 3 will all go down as it stands, I think Hull might be the only team to save Newcastle. I couldn't believe the midfield Shearer sent out against Liverpool, 3 "battlers" with absolutely nobody to box-to-box. Nolan is totally out of form (and has been for about 2 1/2 years now) but at least he gets forward. Shearer set out to contain, which you just cannot do against teams like Liverpool.

Comment

Newcastle have been on top for 99% of the match so far but Boro could have gone 2-1 up just now, can't believe Emnes put his shot wide. Great comedy for Boro's own goal opener but it's been virtually all Newcastle since then, they should really be winning. Boro need a huge improvement to keep this at 1-1.

Comment

Newcastle are taking a pounding in the second half. But then they always finish weak

*edit*

So of course Newcastle score
                Last edited by abigsmurf; 11-05-2009, 20:28.

Comment

If Shearer 'saves' Newcastle this season, the fans will love him forever regardless of what happens from this day forth.

Oh the other hand, it would be nice to see Middlesbrough get back into the game and quieten the Newcastle fans!
                  Last edited by Extra Terrestrial; 11-05-2009, 20:34.

Comment

Looked like the bloke who passed it to Martins was offside there. The best thing about that goal was it shut up Burley after he was moaning about Shearer not playing 3 up front. Hull must be crapping themselves now!

Comment

Well, well.

Comment

Probably safety for Newcastle now, all the other teams down there like Hull are so bad that Newcastle could probably lose both matches left and still stay up! I want them to beat Fulham anyway to give Spurs a chance of Europe Boro are so bad at the back... and the front to be fair.

Comment

Regardless of what the commentators were saying tonight I thought Marvin Emnes played well. He missed the clear chance but he did what he could with the **** given to him up front.

Comment

Looking at the remaning games for the four at the bottom, it does look like it could be Villa that decide who goes down.

Comment

It's looking like Hull's best chance of staying up is that Man Utd get the title wrapped up at Arsenal at the weekend then rest players for the final match in anticipation of the Champion's League final.

Comment

This is why I hate the Mags. An offside winner and 50000 skunks jump round in ecstacy. The whining, 'the world owes us a living' mob wind up for another year of complaining about their rights as a big club, and no lessons in humility are learned. Ah well.

The other pisser being that somehow, those useless Mackems will conspire to get relegated instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X