No announcement yet.

Summer 2009 Transfer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marca are reporting that Real have thrown in the towel over trying to acquire Xabi Alonso. Hope so!

Comment

Pennant is a free agent.

Echo is reporting the Johnson bid as £17m, no addons. About £7m of that will be covered by money Portsmouth owe Liverpool.

Crazy money still imo.
      Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 16-06-2009, 09:45.

Comment

Tuncay and Distin would be really good for us I think - Distin to replace Sami (4th choice). Tuncay is a very accomplished player indeed, skillful and also intelligent in bringing people in. They would, however, be squad players. I think LFC only have space to improve the TEAM on the flanks (and even Kuyt is now probably not worth replacing) - ie right back and left midfield (I want Insua to come through, so not LB).

Comment

I would definitely take Tuncay, if you're shopping on a budget you'd be hard pressed to find a better attacking player for the ?7-8m he'd probably cost.

Kelly or San Jose might be given a go as 4th choice centre back I think.

Comment

Real Madrid have apparently ruled out Villa which must make the chances of him coming to Chelsea better. There's too much baseless speculation around at the moment though, it's a bit of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
              Pennant is a free agent.

Echo is reporting the Johnson bid as ?17m, no addons. About ?7m of that will be covered by money Portsmouth owe Liverpool.

Crazy money still imo.
              I agree ..?17 mill for johnson is crazy money and i dont think hes even that good certainly not a top four club player, but then again what do we expet with the crazy prices players go for these days.

Comment

Someone explain this transfer to me. He appears to have increased in value because Liverpool were in a bidding war with Chelsea, but surely he had no intention at all of going to Chelsea, considering his last stint there?

Comment

Portsmouth only paid £4m for him two years back, amazing how his valued has quadrupled, very overpriced in my opinion.

Comment

I can't see Chelsea realistically putting in a bid for him. He went in the first place because he wasn't good enough. Probably baseless speculation.

Comment

Robinho to Barca? Poor Citeh. All that money, can't quite collect boss pokemon just yet.

Originally posted by SkySports
                      Catalan television station TV3 state that an agreement could even be reached in the next 24 hours after the Blaugrana made their interest official, with talks to iron out the details said to be ongoing on at the moment.

Comment

That is retarded if true. Robinho was not that great in La liga [for Real] but thought he was. He will not work for the team, and he lacks the ability to change their team positively.

Comment

Arsenal haved signed Thomas Vermaelen

Comment

Tevez officially leaving United and will be going to either Chelsea or Man City.

My bet is on Chelsea!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                              Tevez officially leaving United and will be going to either Chelsea or Man City.

My bet is on Chelsea!
                              Down to himself it seems,as UTD was willing to offer the money up for him,cant help feel hes being a bit of a knob but the end of the day up to him and its only downhill when you leave Utd specially for the teams that are interested in him.

Comment

thats a shame,
                                its all downhill for tevez and ronaldo now ,

Comment

Working...
                                X