Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man U, you're doing it wrong

Comment

The Champions League first knockout round draw, followed by the Europa knockout draw, kicks off at 11am today. Beckham says he wants to draw Man U...

Comment

I'd happily take AC Milan in the next round.

Comment

Looks like you got your wish! Beckham back at Old Trafford

Chelsea vs Inter too, just had to happen, Jose back to Chelsea and Carlo vs his former big city rivals.

Comment

Hehe

But yeah it'll be good too see Beckham again, and I'm sure he'll get a good reception when he returns to Old Trafford. I don't think neither ourselves or Chelsea should be too worried about the Milanese clubs to be honest

Full draw
            VfB Stuttgart v Barcelona
            Olympiakos Piraeus v Girondins Bordeaux
            Inter v Chelsea
            Bayern Munich v Fiorentina
            CSKA Moscow v Sevilla
            Olympique Lyon v Real Madrid
            Porto v Arsenal
            AC Milan v Manchester United

Comment

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina looks like it might be the best match from an all guns blazing attacking football perspective. Lyon vs Madrid shouldn't be bad either. Hopefully I haven't just cursed them both!

Comment

Another suspicious example of UEFA getting the best possible outcome for generating income. Man U vs Beckham, Chelsea vs Mourinho. No real giants vs giants outside of those.

I know I'm paranoid but the events leading up to the "dream final" last year have left a scar which will probably stay for a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                  I don't think neither ourselves or Chelsea should be too worried about the Milanese clubs to be honest.
                  Man Utd's recent record against AC Milan in the Champions' League isn't impressive at all, and the Rossoneri are playing pretty well at present.

Personally, I think that AC Milan have more chance of getting a result against Man Utd than Inter do against Chelsea.

Comment

I'm not saying it'll be easy and Indeed our record against Milan in recent years hasn't exactly been great, but records are there to be broken. I just don't think the current Milan team is as good as the ones we faced in the past, however well the current side may be playing.

And if the likes of Zurich and Palermo can beat them on their own turf, that gives us more than a bit of hope.

Comment

Anyone watching the Fiorentina vs Munich game? One of the best games I've seen this season, 3-2 to Fiorentina at the mo, 4-4 on aggregate.

Comment

Wonder what the ramifications of the Real result will be in the morning.

Unbelievable result for Lyon.

Comment

Bye bye Pellegrini? Six years in a row they've gone out in the first knockout round now, nice to see money doesn't always come out on top. Although money will still come out on top, just slightly less money than Madrid

Comment

About time Lyon showed some form, they've been there or thereabouts for years now.

Comment

The quarter final seems to be their glass ceiling, I think they've fallen at that stage several times in the last eight or nine seasons. If they can get a favourable draw maybe they can finally get past it. Going undefeated against Real, who have been in great form recently, is a brilliant result.

Comment

Most expensive squad in the Champions League boasting real top quality players in just about every position come unstuck (yet again) at this stage of the competition? Absolutely chuckle worthy lol.

What's also funny is that the Bernaneu will be hosting the Final. Barcelona will be lapping this up.

Comment

Working...
                                X