No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that £15 a year or a one off fee? I have to pay a fiver each year for my place on the Spurs waiting list, thieving gits! I am a bit higher up our list though, 6,366

Comment

£15 is a one off I believe, not paying that a year for the 20y it will take to get to me !

I knew the list would be long, did it mainly in the hope that it gives me some secret kudos points towards being promoted to a silver member, which is invite only and gets you tix for everything.

forgetting the obvious lousy quality of the team good time to be on Spurs list as if they find the money down the back of the sofa to get a new ground built the increased capacity will mean you should get one then.

Comment

With the Spurs ticket you do get more for your money though. Our matches last 90+ minutes whereas most of the Arsenal fans are on their way home by about 75 minutes, right?

Our sofa is well stocked with cash. Specifically bundles of £15 million for us to spend on the latest Bentley or Bent quality super signing

I'm hopeful that I should get near the top within two to three seasons. Went up by 3,000 places last year but that was on the back of a dodgy season (and the club released an extra 1,500 tickets) so I can't see myself going up the list that much again.

Comment

for the life of me at all sporting events I don't understand the people who leave early, especially at 5pm on a saturday, especially watching a team like Arsenal who score so many late goals.

we aren't alone in the fire escape drill though - my fave ground is Ewood Park where you see them all walking home along by the pitch.

good recession always sees a lot of season tickets handed back plus a lot of offers to list members not taken up.

not a pee take question but what is the demand for tix at Spurs like, will they sell out 60k every week, all traipsing in thru the tiny White Hart Land station ?

Comment

Be thankful you've got organised waiting lists.
            Nobody at the LFC ticket office has a clue where you are on the list, I think i'm still on it even though I have a season ticket now.

Comment

We sell out virtually every game at the moment, a good chuck of the games don't make it to general sale. On average this season the ground has been 98.5% full and the missing seats can often be accounted for by lacklustre away support. You always get people complaining that it's tough to get tickets so the demand at the current capacity is there.

With a 56K stadium? I think we'd sell out against sides in the top ten with no problem. Against less glamorous and relegation battling sides? Not sure. I don't think there'd be a sea of empty seats but I could see us maybe 2-4k under capacity for those type of matches. It depends what the club do with ticket prices.

We've got over 20,000 on the season ticket waiting list too, so it might depend somewhat on how many of those people on are serious about getting a ST. You have to be a bronze member to be on the list, and I'm sure a good few people are on there for the other bronze benefits (extra day of ticket priority) rather than being serious about wanting a ST.

A lot of people (myself included) go to Seven Sisters underground and walk rather than take the train to WHL, and there's Northumberland Park on the other side of the ground too. We'd still definitely need an upgrade in train frequency and capacity though for the new stadium.

Edit: I hate it when people leave early too. Whether 3-0 up or 3-0 I will never leave before the final whistle. The ticket prices alone are enough to make me want to get full use out of the ticket, never mind the small matter of supporting the team.
              Last edited by EJG1980; 24-03-2010, 12:24. Reason: additional rant, correct embarrassing spelling :)

Comment

Almunia for England on this form lol!!..

Comment

Well done to your lot tonight thought you team spirit and desire never to give up was superb specially second half and thought you fully deserved to go to Camp Nou on a even Keal even if Almunia had the game of his life first half..

Good luck to yous for next week also..
                  Last edited by glazza; 31-03-2010, 20:40.

Comment

Incredible game. Should have been 6-0 Barca! Well done to Arsenal for fighting back!

Comment

that game was everything I hoped for, a great match played how football should be.

the way Barca pressed us and didn't give anybody a second on teh ball was how we started the season (in particular the Everton game) but after the first few matches we couldn't maintain that high tempo style.

so we got massacered 2-2 but at what cost, early word is that Cesc, Arshavin & Gallas are all likely out for rest of season !

think thats our already v slim hopes of the title or getting anything in the away leg done for good, quite worried about Wolves at home on Sat now as to quote old 'arry 'were down to the bare bones'
                      Last edited by merf; 01-04-2010, 07:09.

Comment

Possibility that Fabregas' injury is a broken leg. Which would put him out of the world cup as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                          Possibility that Fabregas' injury is a broken leg. Which would put him out of the world cup as well...
                          Gutting that if true and Cesc has been outstanding all Season and the World Cup would not be the same with out him.

Comment

you get used to watching some shocking rubbish with teams coming to the Emirates and parking the bus but Wolves really took the biscuit today with all this plus their time wasting from about 30secs into the game. goal kicks all took 20secs or so and every tackle resulted in treatment, plus each throw in would have 2 takers. the ref was a joke throughout but how he let this go is beyond me.

I'm not a screamer or shouter but nearly shouted myself hoarse as that winner went in, they got exactly what their pathetic tactics deserved.

special kudos marks to their scum fans who decided to beat up a fanzine seller on the bridge outside the stadium after the match.

I don't expect teams to let us win but with the general level of crap in the league this year its a shame we can't see the bottom 8 go down. who would miss them ?

Comment

It's often difficult to expect anything less though merf, when teams come up with poor budgets, limited resources, and not used to playing against top level talent. In these days of top-heavy money, it often takes ages for clubs to get a foothold in the division and attempt some upward mobility. Teams will do what they think to have to to salvage results. I don't condone it but do understand it. Alternatively the bottom 8 contains clubs who, through poor financial management or whatever, are weaker than promoted teams.

That bottom 8 would only be replaced by another 8 who have to park the bus.

Comment

what really got me today wasn't the bus parking but actually the attempt right from the off to cheat, I expect a defensive approach, I'm not an idiot, its not all arsenal barca, but this is still an entertainment.

60,000 paid for tickets today to watch a team whose sole aim was to cheat, con and spoil and ruin it as a fair event - in my eyes thats totally pathetic and the only justice is how sweet our winner felt and seeing their despair.

Comment

Working...
                                X