No announcement yet.

Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well played Arsenal, but they were lucky with the disallowed Messi goal and what looked like a handball late on. There were spells where Barcelona were all over them, but the substitution of Arshavin for the booked Song proved crucial.

It must have been some team-talk at half-time, because Arsenal were much improved. Wenger must be given credit.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
      Spurs, pah, we take your second rate AC Milan and raise you a Barca.
      Nice to know you're judging how good you are by comparing yourself to the mighty Spurs. It's the natural thing to do, of course

Great result for your lot tonight though. Wasn't looking good in the first half but great resolve to and spirit to stay in the game and stage the second half fightback. Makes for a very interesting second leg.

Comment

Arsenal do annoy me. Spurs deservedly get the praise from their great win away from home yesterday. 24hrs later Arsenal just have to steal the limelight somehow managing to top even that.

Sticks in the throat to say this but excellent win and an enjoyable game to watch too.

Comment

Ofcourse I hate Spain, so i'm satisfied with this win. Barcelona is far better but they were playing very clinical and were cocky for subbing Villa with 1-0 up. After that Arsenal slowly got into the game while Barcelona lacked even more finishing ability. It was almost the same as Inter - Barcelona from last year, them being not all too stable when under pressure. In La Liga this rarely happens as thats pretty much lowered to a battle between just 2 teams.

Also noticed lots of space between Barca's midfield and defensive line.

I'm afraid 2-1 is not enough to survive Camp Nou, though.

Comment

Wilshere and Koscielny were awesome. Totally incredible result, but no score is safe against Barca at the Nou camp. If we can take all of tonights skill and passion (and all the luck as well) who knows?

Comment

nice to see some people writing us off already in this thread, we'll just prove them wrong...

...again.

But the lads did well tonight, especially Wilshere and Koscielny as Merf already mentioned. can we get the

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                nice to see some people writing us off already in this thread, we'll just prove them wrong...

...again.
                Them? People? Only saturn-gamer has said you won't go through, the other seven or eight posts have been complimentary of your performance and/or said you've got a great chance in the second leg.

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                Arsenal do annoy me. Spurs deservedly get the praise from their great win away from home yesterday. 24hrs later Arsenal just have to steal the limelight somehow managing to top even that.

Sticks in the throat to say this but excellent win and an enjoyable game to watch too.
                Wasn't too long ago that they were winning the league without losing a match while we limped to 14th place with David Pleat as a nine month "temporary" manager. Going from that to comparing who got the better win the in CL knock-out stages... I think I can just about cope

Comment

Given I'm not an Arsenal or a Spurs fan, then I am allowed to say well done to both teams... roll on Chelsea and Man U trying to top those performances next week

Originally posted by killy View Post
                  Well played Arsenal, but they were lucky with the disallowed Messi goal
                  Lucky? He was offside, plain and simple, when the initial saved shot was struck.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                    Them? People? Only saturn-gamer has said you won't go through, the other seven or eight posts have been complimentary of your performance and/or said you've got a great chance in the second leg.
                    Yeah, your right - rush of blood due to the excitement!

Comment

Well done to Arsenal, really hope they can stuff Barca in the next leg.

Comment

what a surprise, we've got 2 out crocked after a game with Stoke.

I don't even care if they weren't from bad fouls, sooner this load of old crap get relegated the better.

Comment

Didn't Fabregas just pull up?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                            what a surprise, we've got 2 out crocked after a game with Stoke.

I don't even care if they weren't from bad fouls, sooner this load of old crap get relegated the better.
                            Even Wenger admitted the injuries couldn't be blamed on Stoke, don't be so precious for the sake of it.

Comment

He is an Arsenal fan, he just wants to see the game played 'the real way'.

I do agree on hoping Stoke get removed from the Premier League. I dislike Pulis with great gusto, mainly because he is an arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                                I do agree on hoping Stoke get removed from the Premier League. I dislike Pulis with great gusto, mainly because he is an arse.
                                If that was a selection policy for the Premier, then Arsenal would have no club left

Comment

Working...
                                X