No announcement yet.

The World Cup Draw - Dec 4th, 5:45pm GMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Algeria second, not too bad. Dodged the strongest African and South American teams.

[edit] and Slovenia third. That's not that bad a draw for England at all.
    Last edited by Flabio; 04-12-2009, 17:14.

Comment

Eaaaasy

Comment

D and G are the tough ones. Spain have got a piss easy group H.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
          D and G are the tough ones. Spain have got a piss easy group H.
          Yeah, it's when they qualify from that group that the fun starts.

Must suck to be Brazil.

Comment

I doubt it. Brazil will batter all those teams.

Comment

so we've got months now of 'we're gonna win the world cup', conveniently forgetting that you play the good teams after the group bit and that we aren't actually that good.

Comment

You're gonna look pretty stupid when we WIN THE WORLD CUP!

Comment

Hope springs eternal it seems lol.

Come the knock out stages it'll probably the same old story. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                    Who cares.
                    ...and...

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                    Always prefer these things when England aren't in them, so hopefully they'll go out in the group stage.

USA/Ivory Coast/France please.
                    What's with all the angry Scots today?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                      As long as the players get back to their clubs without injury I don't care to be honest.
                      Why is it so bad when a player gets injured on international duty, yet if a player gets injured whilst playing for his club and misses a World Cup that's just A-okay?

Comment

It must not suck to be Brazil, it sucks to be in the same group as Brazil. Dunga made a machine out of this team, not much flair but effective like mad. Much like himself as a player.

I'd give Brazil and Spain the best chance to win it all. Germany is always a sure shot on World Cups, Italy will probably make a comeback too. Ivory Coast is my fave outsider, I think they grab the 2nd place rather than Portugal. God I hate Portugal.

As far as Orange goes, they'll probably obliterate their group yet again but its quarter finals at best. I have a gut feeling we'll face Brazil yet again.
                        Last edited by saturn-gamer; 04-12-2009, 20:09.

Comment

if anybody wishes to become the pub bore then this is an essential read, its explains in a very entertaining and readable way from a probability/economic (think Freakonomics) point of view, why for a country of Englands football experience, size & wealth the quarter finals are exactly all we should expect for out team, anything more is over performance. Its a great book that looks in the same way at many other 'known' footy facts and takes them apart.

Comment

I read a review of that in When Saturday Comes that says it has more assumptions and bad science in it than the Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                              Eaaaasy
                              Uncanny resemblance, The Sun front page headline today reads

England
                              Algeria
                              Slovenia
                              Yanks

Comment

I know they qualified legit, but there are loads of European teams in these finals who I associate with boring. Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Serbia, Greece, boring.

Where are Sweden? Czech Republic? Belgium? Croatia? Romania? Bulgaria? Do these new teams have Hagis? Scifos? Stoichkovs? Sukers? Nedveds? Rhetorical question really, but the shift in power is very noticeable.

I'm still living in the 90s!

Comment

Working...
                                X