The World Cup Draw - Dec 4th, 5:45pm GMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    I don't support England because I think they'll win the World Cup, I support England and as a result I believe that they can win it.

Here we go again , The simple fact of the matter is any team has a chance of winning the World Cup , any team that made into the Tournament.
    But I bet many supporters of the so called smaller nations, aren't supporting their side , because they thing they can win it
    Most will just be happy to be there , and if they never ever make it again , will always continue to support their Team

Maybe if the English Press and Team went to a World Cup just happy to be there , with out the rubbish of we can and should win it , they'll performer a hell of a lot better than they do , and not get knocked out before the Final

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      But I bet many supporters of the so called smaller nations, aren't supporting their side , because they thing they can win it
      I bet every single one of them is thinking "what if...?"

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        I bet every single one of them is thinking "what if...?"
        Yes that's what The English supporters have been thinking since 1966

Comment

Although the Welsh have been thinking it for longer...

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
            Although the Welsh have been thinking it for longer...
            No the Welsh don't think they'll ever qualify ,much less win the bloody thing

Comment

Probably more suitable here (CBA to start a thread).

Togo have been banned from the ACON for 2 cups for withdrawing their team.

That's one classy display on compassion. Jesus Christ.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that earlier. What a disgusting thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                  Probably more suitable here (CBA to start a thread).

Togo have been banned from the ACON for 2 cups for withdrawing their team.

That's one classy display on compassion. Jesus Christ.
                  Got a source for that? I'm struggling to believe any body of people could lack compassion to that degree!

Comment

It's on the Beeb, Jeeb.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                    Last edited by prinnysquad; 30-01-2010, 21:08.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Then I read the aforementioned article on BBC Sport. Words fail me. It beggars belief, it really does.

If FIFA had a single crumb of credibility, then not only would they instantly overrule the decision and reinstate Togo, they would also personally demand Issa Hayatou's IMMEDIATE resignation as head of CAF.

Unsurprisingly, FIFA's silence on the matter speaks volumes. Also, given that Sepp Blatter and Jack Warner are the Clowns who run the Circus, I think we all know deep down that somehow the ban and fine are going to be allowed to stand (Would love to be proven wrong about that, btw).

World Football Governance. A complete and utter Joke since 1998.

Disgusting.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 31-01-2010, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
                        But African football's governing body says the decision to pull the team out amounted to governmental interference in the sport.
                        They weren't banned for withdrawing, they were banned because their govenrment made them withdraw

Comment

As a Scotsman i hope England win absolutely f**k all at this years World Cup!

Yet saying that, i do like their new away strip.

Comment

Don't like it, I hate red anyway and it looks too much like a rugby top. I can imagine all the fat, beer bellied in-ger-land fans squeezing into it and making us look even more like a bunch of cocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Barla Von View Post
                              As a Scotsman i hope England win absolutely f**k all at this years World Cup!

lol..thought all you Rangers boys were Engerland fans!!or was that only when Gazza used to play for ye..

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                                or was that only when Gazza used to play for ye..
                                ...and Terry Butcher, Ray Wilkins, Chris Woods, Trevor Stevens, Mark Hateley, Gary Stevens, Nigel Spackman, Mark Walters, Rod Wallace...

Comment

Working...
                                X