The Official Rest of the Premier League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dotoko View Post
    ...and should at least get Robinho playing like he did last season.
    The thing is, Robinho is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, or as good as most people think he is. He thinks he's better than Ronaldo and Messi, but he's simply not.

He's not a footballer I think about in the "Glad he's in our league" kinda way at all!

City have an amazing chance of breaking the top four, but they are defensively sooooo poor, I'd also get a really creative midfielder and play Barry a little deeper if I were the boss.

Also, lets be honest, all the strikers are "cast-offs" who, whilst all excellent players, aren't the best in the world...and with that kind of money I'd like to see City just throw OBSCENE amounts of money at clubs and get players like David Villa (rumoured to want to go to the premiership now, finally) who is probably an even better striker than Torres.

Comment

Good God I've just seen that penalty decision again, with Hunchback falling to the ground like the sack of **** he is. Minimal contact, what a joke, that Marriner guy is a caked ringpiece of a ref. Everything went City's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
        Such a stupid decision to let him go. I hope Man City achieve nothing this season.
        WHY?

Mark Hughes was never a good manager at all anyway . Best Move Man City have done in a while

Comment

Yeah cos they are doing awful at the moment aren't they...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            WHY?

Mark Hughes was never a good manager at all anyway . Best Move Man City have done in a while

I think he's a decent manager. He should have been given until the end of the season, with their game in hand city would have been in the mix had they won it.

If Man city were going to replace him then they should have got Hiddink, i think they've made a massive mistake in their choice of replacement. Mancini only won titles at Inter because Italian football was in ruins after the massive scandal, it effectively removed all competition from Inter and they walked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
              I think he's a decent manager. He should have been given until the end of the season, with their game in hand city would have been in the mix had they won it.

If Man city were going to replace him then they should have got Hiddink, i think they've made a massive mistake in their choice of replacement. Mancini only won titles at Inter because Italian football was in ruins after the massive scandal, it effectively removed all competition from Inter and they walked it.
              Oh I agree the replacement is a joke , but Mark Hughes is one of the most overrated managers around .
              He left Wales in a utter mess , and in must win games or nothing to lose games played 1 up front , kind of like that prick we have in charge of Wales now. Most of his buys have been poor , and his formations and defense is laughable.

Though I must say I didn't like the way he's been treated , to do all that behind the mans back , stinks

Comment

City are taking a bit of a gamble with Mancini. And Mancini will need to pick the lingo. Fast

Comment

I'd agree that Mancini is a gamble, as he's a good manager but hasn't proved himself a great manager yet.

He didn't shine in Europe with Inter (then again, who does?) and even though Inter had so much in their favour he still almost managed to throw away an eleven point lead to Roma one season in Serie A, grabbing the title on the final day of the season.

He might end up doing well, but he's definitely not in the top bracket of managers.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                    He didn't shine in Europe with Inter (then again, who does?)
                    I think that has more to do with the fact that historically Italians see their league as being more challenging and prestigious than the Champions league. It's similar to how English clubs consider the Europa League below them whereas the Germans love it and go all out for it.

You can say every team is in it to win it but look at Liverpool, the years they won it they were nowhere near the best team in Europe, or even England, they just wanted it more.

Comment

Our game Wigan vs Bolton called off tonight.

Wigan get their annual fine again I guess.

FFS we need this game, not another one in hand!

Comment

Brilliant, 4 game suspension for Turner. Three for the 'straight red' and one extra for 'wasting their time.'

Typical closed ranks from tosspot decision makers. A truly cretinous, loathesome institution. It'd be better run by some dodgy East End barrow boy.
                        Last edited by prinnysquad; 22-12-2009, 22:46.

Comment

And Bruce could be in extra trouble too for his comments after the game.

How dare anyone question anything to do with the FA. Ever!

Comment

Thing is, Bruce deserves to get a fine if he's overstepped the mark - he knows what the state of play is as far as talking about refs. I have no problem with that.

I have a problem with the fact that the awful, error-strewn performance (the sending off, the penalty, the uncalled offside) by that useless scrotum of a referee and his line running buddies is being covered up by closed ranks and, like you say, the very fact that someone dares challenge a decision is deemed a 'waste of time' and severely (imo) punished. I hate the FA and its band of men.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              Thing is, Bruce deserves to get a fine if he's overstepped the mark - he knows what the state of play is as far as talking about refs. I have no problem with that.

I have a problem with the fact that the awful, error-strewn performance (the sending off, the penalty, the uncalled offside) by that useless scrotum of a referee and his line running buddies is being covered up by closed ranks and, like you say, the very fact that someone dares challenge a decision is deemed a 'waste of time' and severely (imo) punished. I hate the FA and its band of men.
                              What do you want the FA to do about bad decisions made during a game (offsides / penalties etc)? It's not their fault or the refs fault that FIFA refuse to trial video technology which would stop most of these wrong decisions being made.

Comment

Where did I say that decisions should be reversed in game? I said the officials were piss poor.

I expect nothing to be done during the game. That's just the way things go, he was inept, game lost, nothing can be done. But they had the perfect chance to change that one decision in retrospect. I had hoped they'd reduce that red to a yellow. They haven't done that. But what really gets my piss boiling is the extra game. The wasting the time thing is just a further kick in the teeth from an organisation who hate to be questioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X