No announcement yet.

The Official Rest of the Premier League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the risk with the appeals system, if they uphold the original decision they automatically extend the ban. It's there to stop people taking the piss and contesting every card.

I didn't think that one was a red though, he caught him hard with his elbow but it certainly didn't appear deliberate to me.

Comment

Some kind of referrals system should be in place, where a team gets a limited number of appeals per season. This would encourage clubs to think carefully about when they refer and avoid excessive piss-taking. It's just common sense. Clubs who don't take the piss out of the appeals system shouldn't be discouraged from challenging what they see as a genuinely wrong reversible decision by having the banhammer positioned over their head.

Comment

Sunderland have taken the lead against Everton, who are really struggling for form. And elsewhere City have taken the lead against Stoke.

It's pretty tight at the bottom half of the table. Interesting.

Comment

As much as I'd like to see Liverpool fail to qualify for the champions League, I want Wolves to go down so their negative attitude doesn't spread and ruin the EPL. win today from liverpool (or at least take points off of them) please

Comment

Lots of draws in the League today. I wouldn't be surprised if the Liverpool v Wolves game ended in a draw!

Comment

Our season continues and we are still the only club in the country without a single clean sheet.

Comment

Liverpool game looks set for a 0-0 so far.

Not been the best advert for the EPL todays football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                  Our season continues and we are still the only club in the country without a single clean sheet.
                  How did Chung-Yong play? I've only read one report but it didn't mention him and on the Sky Sports site he's been given a 7.5 which makes him the best player on the pitch.

As much as I think he's great, it's worrying that with our lowly position, come the end of the season he could be moving along with Cahill if the overall performances don't pick up.

Signing of the season for sure though.

Comment

He played as well as everyone else, which is to say, not great.

Our midfield is awful at the moment, gives absolutely NO protection to the defence whatsoever. Chung-Yong and Klasnic are shining lights in the darkness at the moment, but every time Megson wants to make a change it's Klasnic off, midfielder on...even though it's Davies (Kevin) that has been very very poor recently and Klasnic that looks like the only striker on the pitch who might actually score.

Not sure about Lee (I think we'll get at least another season out of him) but I think with Cahill we all knew he'd be going at some point or another. He's a genuine shout for England and I'm not sure he'll ever get into the squad properly with us, he'll go to Man United or Chelsea in my opinion, but after realised how bloody good he is, we all knew he'd go eventually.

Comment

Another win for Brum. 11 unbeaten now. 32 points before the turn of the year. It will take a massive run of bad form to not survive the drop this season.

Comment

Anyone see the Spurs/West Ham game? Goodness me how good do Spurs look at the moment? Defoe and Lennon on this form have to be in the first team for England.

That said, West Ham fans should be very concerned for their team...players injured all over the shop and very little quality in there at the moment!

Comment

Yup, I was at the game and (as I said in the Spurs thread) I've never felt so comfortable at 1-0 up as I did today.

I think Huddleston has been playing really well for us this season too. I used to wonder if he'd quite have enough to be a proper first team player for us but he's stepped up this season and really runs the midfield well for us. He's got much better at closing opponents down and seems more mobile than in past seasons.

I think West Ham will probably stay up if they get their players back from injury, but if their best players like Parker and Cole miss lots of games it'll be very tough for them.

Comment

I hate that scumbag Diouf. It HAD to be that spitting turd.

Comment

I'm a Bolton fan and I've always hated him!

Comment

Well done again to the blues! I have a shirt for some reason from 2007-08!

Comment

Working...
                                X