World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But we beat Japan!

That makes us World Champions on a technicality, right?

Comment

Only in the same way that Scotalnd say the same thing after beating England after 1966.

Comment

Highlights on the BBC website

Japan beat USA 3-1 on penalties to become the first Asian nation to win the Fifa Women's World Cup (UK users only)

Looked like a cracking match.

Comment

It's not often you see a side miss 3 penalties in a row, 2 were really awful penalties, 1 was a great (if maybe lucky) save.

Has to be said, the commentary was dire. If you played a drinking game where you took a shot everytime the woman who was commentating (can't remember who it was) mentioned how small the Japanese were, you would've been in hospital way before the 120 minutes were up.

Comment

I was watching the Copa America QF between Brazil and Paraguay yesterday, there must have been some kind of world wide penalty missing epidemic as Brazil missed all four of their penalties in the shoot out too.

It started out with some really poor matches but the Copa has been getting better as it has gone on, Argentina vs Uruguay was a great match too. Plus my flutter on Uruguay to win is looking half decent now with Brazil and Argentina both gone

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
              world wide penalty missing epidemic )
              I thought the same when watching Sky this morning! Well done to Japan though and lets hope Uruguay win the Copa.

Comment

Working...
              X