World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, King and Terry all the way.

Sky Sports News are reporting that Dawson will fly out to South Africa tonight.

Gutted for Rio.

Comment

Obviously as a Spurs fan I'm happy that there will be another lillywhite in the squad, damn shame for Ferdinand though. Hope it's not a long injury that disrupts his start to next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
        Bad news for Ivory Coast, Didier Drogba is out of the World Cup after breaking his arm in a friendly against Japan.
        Dammit!

The one thing I wanted from this cup was no Chelsea players to get injuries.

Still, a broken arm should only mean he can't train for about 4 weeks.

Comment

Hmm, he might not be out of the World Cup. Sven and the medical team are saying he might be ok.

I guess the World Cup drama has well and truly begun!

Comment

all this drama is getting in the way of the important info!

I must know what colour the soaps are in their hotel rooms!

Comment

King + Terry = Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                all this drama is getting in the way of the important info!

I must know what colour the soaps are in their hotel rooms!
                No, the pressing issue is jam or marmalade on their toast!

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                  No, the pressing issue is jam or marmalade on their toast!
                  You think a disciplinarian like Capello will let them have anything at all on their toast? No spread for the England boys!

Comment

At least the players will get to see their W.A.G.S. after each match. I don't see any other way John Terry could bang them otherwise!

Comment

Ledley King looked really nervous against Mexico. Can he deal with players who actually play football, like most World Cup teams or is his forte English long ball defence?

I'd go with Carragher partnering Terry personally, his experience tells me he can deal with football at the highest level. I also heard, at the time of the Japan game, King was still recovering from the Mexico encounter. That'd be worrying.

Comment

Do we have ANY pace in the centre of defence?

Comment

Any English player who is big enough to play in defence and has pace is put up front, to be a target man. That is the way we play our football. You must have known that?

Comment

Good call. Let's put Heskey in there!

Comment

middle of defence is looking a bit ropey now, we've got the distracted and slow Terry, brilliant but Fragile King, the useless out of form Upson, the past it 2 years ago Carragher and now on the plane is Dawson who Capello clearly doesn't rate and who has 0 caps.

Comment

I wouldn't say Carragher was past it 2 years ago. Liverpool did quite well the season before this one just gone.

I would argue he is on the descent from his career high but he would still be in the top 4 or 5 English central defenders. He also has the experience at the highest level of club football to know what is required of him. He will always give everything for the cause too.

Also, even with Ferdinand included in that list of central defenders it'd still be ropey. He hasn't played most of the season and when you talk about distracted I think Rio is the prime example of that. He has the worst concentration of any of the central defenders in the squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X