No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should all just skank FOMMyDWad for putting a hex on the scoreline.

Comment

Bit "meh"
      Reasonable number of chances, but not convincing enough with the finishes.

As I said before. Players now won't have confidence in the keeper. That's a big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        that was pretty poor against a hardworking but distinctly average looking US team

enjoyed the game as a whole but so much was wrong in that team and line up I don't know where to begin.

still not out yet and you don't win it in the first game.
        At least the US were organized. At least the US had clear ideas about their gameplan, both individually and as a team. We looked like a mess from the start. And we STILL CANNOT KEEP POSSESSION OF THE BALL. That is the fundamental key to success in International Football.

I'm still not convinced by Gerrard/Lampard in the centre, but they weren't that bad tonight. Still, Gareth Barry needs to be fit soon.

Comment

I'd rather have an average left footed player on the left hand side than some fancy dan supposedly good right footed winger. SWP isn't good enough to clean the **** off my damned arsehole.

Prinny was right, that scouse shin kicker was skinned a few times and very lucky not to get sent off.

The players get paid a fortune, Cappello is paid a kings ransom and the team look no further forward. Disjointed, scrappy, poor set piece delivery(The free kicks and corners from Lampard were dreadful) no invention, players who all play in the same league but look like complete strangers to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
            Very disjointed performance. 5 days of misery and doom mongering in the papers until the next game as well.
            Spot on.

I too was screaming at Lennon to run at those bloody defenders like you do for Spurs. It was almost as if he was scared to take on the responsibility and so played it safe. Johnson was far more postive when he came up and put in some decent crosses too.

Comment

Thought Johnson had a decent game, and got forward well enough. His crosses actually got into the box.

Lenin seemed to suffer from the Downing effect - pull on an England shirt and get **** scared of running the wing, passing infield and backwards all the time instead.

Comment

anyone else noticed those annoying droning trumpets?
                nicked form charlie brookers tweet -

Jesus. Really. Never mind Iran's nuclear programme, why didn't we stop South Africa developing the mass-produced plastic trumpet?

Comment

Anyone else thought Rooney was also lucky not to be sub,d off coming from me a (Man U fan takes a hell of a lot to say that lol)but i thought he was realy disspointing tonight and Heskey totally out shon him but shame Rooney wasnt on the end of Heskeys 1on1 as it may just have ended up in the back of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    And we STILL CANNOT KEEP POSSESSION OF THE BALL. That is the fundamental key to success in International Football.
                    That's the thing that causes the most shouting at the telly here. How these players seem to be barely able to pass the ball simply among themselves... it's just shocking.

Comment

At least we're used to it.

Comment

As Alan Shearer said earlier this week, there is an art being part of a strike pair and Rooney doesn't really have the experience in playing that way. It's what they should have been working on in training but if they did Rooney clearly wasn't listening.

Mind you even Defoe and Crouch who can play well together aren't great exponents of it either.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
                          anyone else noticed those annoying droning trumpets?
                          No. Noone else has noticed them.

Comment

Long ball England \o/

Wayne Rooney told to play up front by Capello around the 80th minute and still he seemed to be playing as an advanced midfielder.

2 wins against the other two teams and we'll be ok. Ah well, that dampened down the WE'RE GONNA WIN IT crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              As Alan Shearer said earlier this week, there is an art being part of a strike pair and Rooney doesn't really have the experience in playing that way. It's what they should have been working on in training but if they did Rooney clearly wasn't listening.

Mind you even Defoe and Crouch who can play well together aren't great exponents of it either.
                              I remember Big Niall and Little Kev Phillips ... what a pair! For three seasons, they were the dog's bollocks.

If King is knackered, there's not much depth at centre half left. Terry, Carragher, Upson (poor season) and Dawson (not much football recently). Duck Face must be a big miss for Muppet Show.

Comment

I really don't understand why they took King, if he's so fragile and struggling for fitness, seems like a massive gamble for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X