Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
    Liverpool at home on the opening day? They've been robbed of their favourite conspiracy theory!
    About time, first for 7 years. Not that it matters this season.

Comment

"Hey, so, Liverpool away on the first day again?"
      "Nah, let's let them play at home but <snigger> give them Arsenal!"

Ah, the fixture computer

Comment

That would normally be a good first game, something to look forward to. But this season it doesn't matter. Who cares who we are playing?

Comment

You've still got to work to finish fourth. Plus there's the FA Cup

Comment

Literally couldn't care less about the finish in the league or any cup competition, at the moment it is pretty meaningless.

Comment

This season is gonna be a big write off for Liverpool. No way is a top four finish possible with the likes of Mascherano and Benayoun openly stating they want to leave already. Then there is Gerrard who has been secretly pimping himself around Europe, mainly Spain.

Any European place this season would be an over achievement, the way things are going.

Comment

so everybody knows the first sign you are going to get dumped is when your girlfriend/wife goes for a totally new hairstyle, its part of her getting ready to face the world single again.

does the same apply to Torres & Liverpool ?

Comment

Finally gotten around to updating my team. Way off the pace now tho to get close. Villa the c*ck missed a hatrick for more points and a penner at that. Dropped Rooney for Higuain (wanted Messi but couldn't afford him). Also dropped Gourcouff?? for Thiago. Looking for Sneijder next.

Comment

Sky Sports News are reporting that Martin Petrov has agreed to join Bolton. Quality signing I reckon, if he can stay injury free for most of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      Sky Sports News are reporting that Martin Petrov has agreed to join Bolton. Quality signing I reckon, if he can stay injury free for most of the season.
                      Heard this late last week that he was gonna have a medical monday, he's on a free and he's an excellent signing for us.

Of course, if it's true!

Heard also that J Lloyd Samuel might be going to Newcastle for a million! Crikey, I'll drive him there myself!

Comment

Brilliant signing I have to say. I'm quite jealous.

Comment

I'm over the moon with Coyle's first "proper" signing! Not only is he a quality player but this, for me, signals intent from Owen Coyle.

Megson's mandate was "stay up" but signing a player of that quality doesn't say to me "we're happy just to be in the league".

Comment

BBC Sport understands that United won't go in for Cole. I do love that phrasing in football stories, just say you don't have a reliable source you tossers!

Comment

The BBC are often rather predictable with their language in footballing stories:

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                                I'm over the moon with Coyle's first "proper" signing! Not only is he a quality player but this, for me, signals intent from Owen Coyle.

Megson's mandate was "stay up" but signing a player of that quality doesn't say to me "we're happy just to be in the league".
                                Indeed.

I remember when Sam first started signing 'bigger' names like Djorkaeff and Okocha. Sort of marquee signings but then with players like Nakata, Campo & Hierro, the club became quite successful.

Hopefully this is the foundation of something more long term and obviously, quality attracts quality so we'll just have to see how things pan out.

Comment

Working...
                                X