The NTSC-UK Fantasy World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    You can't sub out players which get sent off. I'm suffering with Cahill in my team!
    Well that sucks.

Guess I won't be winning this then

Just had a dig around in the rules. You can change the captain, but only to someone who hasn't played yet. Likewise, you can't sub *in* someone who has already played.

There are also NO automatic subs in the group stages (gulp).
    Last edited by Flabio; 14-06-2010, 08:04.

Comment

I subbed in Kuyt this morning to replace Higuain....then when I logged back in just now, it has reverted back to Higuain with Kuyt on the bench. Confused.

Bet Dirk scores a hat-trick now...

Comment

Did you remember to hit confirm and then on the next page, confirm again? Alternatively, did you definitely have the right round selected? You can also edit your team for round two at the moment so maybe it was that.

Comment

Was probably the confirm thing, i'm a little lacking in the sleep department at the moment.

Comment

The substitution rules totally change how you should be playing this game by the way. Because you can sub out anyone who has played (unless they've been sent off) for anyone who hasn't, your round two starting 11 should basically be all the players who play earliest out of your squad, and then you chop and change them after every match.

If you're planning any transfers, there's only a tiny window between the end of round 1 and the start of round 2, so you might want to do it now (hands up everyone bringing in Ozil?)

Comment

Jesus you have to be on top of this every day chopping and changing your subs to get your points. I never realised. I'm wayyyyyyyyy behind now

Comment

You've got until around 2pm today to sort out your squad for round 2.

Because so many teams have gone out, you get unlimited free transfers between the group stages and the round of 16, so go forth and perform major team surgery...

Oddly, my midfield stays pretty much the same, but I lose all of my defenders. Hehe.

Comment

And plan ahead! You get unlimited transfers this round, but next week you only get 4 free ones, and half the teams will be gone. Don't be loading up with Slovakians.

Comment

oops, forgot about this so haven't been doing any subs / transfers at all! Funnily enough i'm still not bottom of the league - thanks HumanEnergy

Comment

Quarters start tomorrow, you've got four free transfers, don't forget

I'm nowhere near a full team, though!

Comment

Originally posted by davesol View Post
                        oops, forgot about this so haven't been doing any subs / transfers at all! Funnily enough i'm still not bottom of the league - thanks HumanEnergy
                        I actually managed to keep track of it and make changes for the first week or so... I'd probably have been better off if I had left it alone completely, such is my awesome skill at fantasy football The fightback starts now!!

Comment

Terrible choice of captains this week, Fabiano and then stuck with Higuain. Got Neuer and Friedrich in the side though, so still a decent enough score coming methinks!

Comment

well for the first time i logged in and made tranfers ready for the semi's. I still had players from australia / new zealand etc in my team!

Comment

Lol, i never realised that you could add more players from the same team after the first round. I was still sticking with two from each

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                                Lol, i never realised that you could add more players from the same team after the first round. I was still sticking with two from each
                                But there's only four teams left!

Comment

Working...
                                X