No announcement yet.

Are you getting Sky Sports this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that would be the answer. If they were available to me I probably would watch many Prem games so maybe £31.99 represents good value. It's like the games and value for money thread!

Comment

Hadn't realised that my sub had crept up to £49.00! I'd always promised myself that if it broke the fifty mark then I'd stop and re evaluate it to see if it's still worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        The Sky coverage is immense, I won't listen to any arguement to the contrary if I'm honest. I'll agree it's ruining football, but Gray seems to actually have some intelligence which counter-acts Jamie (****) Redknapp quite nicely.
        SKY coverage is immense and by far the best . But its just the asking price for SKY sports, and what they charge Pubs and Clubs totally takes the piss . That along with players wages is fast killing the game, for the average fan .

I will say though that Gillette soccer Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday is the best football show on TV . But that Rednapp, Paul merson and Alan Smith are bloody useless on SKY sports

Comment

I can't believe how many people think the coverage is good. It's classic Murdoch, lowest common denominator dreck.

I wish the one of the channels would take a chance and bin the format of presenter (usually a smug, annoying, charisma vacuum) plus 2/3 ex-player morons on a sofa. It is so tired and depressing.

Comment

I don't watch the build up, the half time talk or the post match analysis. Same goes for all channels - I watch the match and nothing else, been like that for some time now.

Comment

i had a setanta subscription in canada for the last month of so of last season which showed every premier league game. 15 dollars a month (about ?10) and they have no pundits at all. the program starts about 1 min before kick-off and just shows the pitch with the players milling about a bit until the game starts. at half time, instead of pundits they showed a little feature program such as memorable matches from that weekend in history or a mini-bio on a particular player - generally they were pretty good. the programme finished as soon as the match ended (no interviews even). i didn't miss the pundits at all!

Comment

I ditched Sky and real football (well Birmingham) a couple of seasons ago. Not missed either to be honest. Happy to waste my money on other stuff instead.

Comment

Switched from Virgin to Sky, so yes. Main reason was red button and the 4 HD channels. Won't be getting ESPN though. They are showing half the games they showed last season, and it's the same price which doesn't make sense. Most of their subscribers joined because of the premier league.

Comment

I caved

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                      I caved
                      Do you feel slightly dirty now Marcus?

Comment

Bt innit. As long as gareth bale doesn't suddenly pop up like in the ads i'll be happy. No more watching chinese coverage on my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                          Do you feel slightly dirty now Marcus?
                          Very.

Comment

But on the bright side, it all kicks off tonight. Proper TV football is back! <3

Comment

I'm tempted ... but I'd have to get a 'deal' of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                                But on the bright side, it all kicks off tonight. Proper TV football is back! <3
                                Indeed, cant wait to see my boys (Watford) in action

Comment

Working...
                                X